The free 'traveline s&e' app provides comprehensive information to help plan your public transport journey across southern England and the Midlands (including London, the South East, East Anglia, East Midlands, West Midlands and South West regions of traveline).
The app features:
• a door-to-door journey planner between any two locations in southern England and the Midlands, using bus, coach, train, Underground, DLR, tram or ferry services
• 'next departures' listed from any stop or station in Great Britain – showing live predicted times for many services, and scheduled times for those where predicted times are not yet available to traveline
• information about significant incidents affecting public transport services in the South East and Anglia region
• storing favourite and recently planned journeys, and displaying them anytime (even without an internet connection)
• 'Get me home now' giving one-tap access to plan a journey home by public transport • storing favourite bus stops and locations for quick access to them.
The app also allows journey planning by train and coach travel across the whole of Great Britain.
Some features, such as finding nearby bus stops and the 'get me home now' feature, work better with GPS turned on. To plan new journeys and show 'next departures' lists, the app requires Internet access. Please note that continual use of GPS may affect your device’s battery life.
Delivered by traveline south east & anglia in collaboration with Transport for London and traveline in the east midlands, west midlands and south west regions.
The app covers the following cities:
Bath, Birmingham, Brighton, Bristol, Cambridge, Derby, Ipswitch, Leicester, London, Nottingham, Oxford, Portsmouth, Plymouth, Reading, Southampton
and the following counties in the South East and South West of England, East and West Midlands:
Avon, Bedfordshire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Cheshire, Cornwall, Cumberland, Cumbria, Derbyshire, Devon, Dorset, Essex, Gloucestershire, Hampshire, Herefordshire, Hertfordshire, Humberside, Huntingdonshire, Kent, Lancashire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, London, Middlesex, Norfolk, Northamptonshire, Northumberland, Nottinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Rutland, Shropshire, Somerset, Staffordshire, Suffolk, Surrey, Sussex, Warwickshire, West Midlands, Westmorland, Wiltshire, Worcestershire.
This release includes several fixes and enhancements, including layout issues that affected iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus and iPad owners.
We continually improve the traveline south & east app and we want your feedback. Tap on 'Send us feedback' to let us know of any suggestions or concerns.
Ratings and Reviews
I'm standing at a bus stop and this app tells me to walk 1 mile to the next housing estate and get on a different route. The buses at the stop I'm standing at aren't even listed. This has happened the three occasions I tried it at different locations and routes in my home town so I'm deinstalling it and going back to Google.
There was an older traveline app that had a widget for iOS. For some reason it stopped working and had to uninstall then install this version which is missing the widget. Widget needed for iOS!!!
Slow & crashes
Rarely works, freezes the phone or takes over 3 mins to find a route
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.