Travelling Snail is a travel journal app to helps travellers and holiday-makers to remember their experiences forever, capturing locations and photos along with their thoughts and reflections.
The design provides a clean simple navigation allowing the traveller to capture the key points of their holiday, trip or collection of articles.
The travel writer creates a journal and then adds a series of articles to the journal, building a collection of moments and experiences that represent the trip. Each Article contains a series of text sections, pictures and a location. The text can be as simple or as extensive as the writer requires. The travel writer can review and modify his journal as it is being built up during a trip.
- Create Travel journals, each of which represents a single trip or holiday
- Create articles using structured templates designed for each travel experience type. An article could be about a hotel, a restaurant, a diary entry or a place of interest (see below for more article types).
- Link articles to a location, either based on your current location or by searching for locations using Google Places
- Add photos to articles, either by using your camera, or your photo library
- Use real time voice dictation to write articles
- Synchronise with an online account to back up data and share with others online.
The Travelling Snail app is based on the hugely successful original paper version of the “Travelling Snail Travel Journal” and is designed for travel writers that want to capture their experience in words, pictures and maps to produce their own travelogue.
It has been designed to stimulate the writer and overcome writers block by providing dedicated article templates for many types of travel experiences, including a diary feature and utilising the iPad’s camera and GPS functions to capture pictures and locations.
The travel writer can view the location of any article or all articles on a map while connected to the internet and can scroll through all or selected pictures for each journal. Data is synchronised with an online account to provide data backup and access to additional features such as complete output in PDF format of a journal and real-time connection with friends and family who can then follow a travel writer’s journey.
There are dedicated article layouts to stimulate and help the writer through writers block covering the following types;
- Eating & Drinking
- Place of Interest
With a free online account on the internet additional features are available:
- Outputting a journal in PDF format for printing, archiving or sending to friends and family
- Share journals with friends and family
- Post articles to Facebook
- Plan your trip before travelling.
Nothing new in this version it is an administrative release
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.