Tricky Words with Geraldine the Giraffe: Season One
26 video 'appisodes' of tricky words to master!
Geraldine the Giraffe is the superstar learning giraffe created by Mr Thorne to help engage young readers. She features on 'the Times #1 website to make your child smarter' - MrThorneDoesPhonics.com.
Geraldine is extremely popular with children and adults particularly for her cheeky but loveable attitude to learning. She will make you howl with laughter and teach you the tricky words too! In this app, she masters the tricky words over 26 exclusive videos. The app is purely a video app and acts as a teaching tool for learning the 100 most tricky words in English. Geraldine the giraffe is suitable for children aged 3 and up.
1. is it in if I the
2. at am an as and up us
3. no go so to do into
4. of on off get got not
5. big dad mum but can back bed did dig man ran
6. had has his him have here
7. he she we me be my by
8. this then that them they there than these
9. with will was want were when went what where
10. see been seen for now down how look took too all ball time
11. are said like some come came could would should
12. you your her children people Mr Mrs last
13. help from just jump out about little house home
14. it’s I’m don’t can’t looked called asked
15. one old oh their day way saw very
16. made make lived love school push put pull
17. after again another because boy brother
18. door first girl sister good half laugh many
19. much more must may name new next night
20. once or our over take three tree water who will
Also included are other familiar tricky words:
capital letter names
To get a sample of what Geraldine the Giraffe's learning videos are like, visit MrThorne.com or watch Geraldine on Youtube: www.MrThorneDoesPhonics.tv
NOTE: Please ensure that your mute button is switched off and that you volume is turned up to be able to hear the audio correctly.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Bug fixes and new artwork.
Ratings and Reviews
I bought this app about 3 years ago for my eldest and he loved it. My youngest just started the tricky words and I wanted to play the songs for him but app is not working, there isn’t an update.
Does not work
I am very disappointed to pay for an app to find that it doesn’t work. I am unable to contact the developers to notify them of the issue, hopefully they will see this review and issue a fix.
Videos do not play, black screen of player loads and app locks up.
You then have to force close the app to close.
Doesn’t work ~how is this still available
Useless this app isn’t working and should be removed
The developer, Queue Press Limited, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Queue Press Limited
- 411.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Christopher Thorne Productions
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.