Triggertrap - Creative ways of triggering your camera. The Triggertrap Mobile app has a heap of sensors to trigger your camera in exciting ways and a range of tools to create beautiful timelapses.
Triggertrap Mobile’s sensor modes are configurable so you can get trigger happy with your camera - any way you like! Triggertrap Mobile allows extreme exposure control, and you can push the limits of HDR photography.
IMPORTANT! Triggertrap requires the Triggertrap Mobile Dongle to connect your camera to your device! See below for details.
• "A nifty addition to any photographer’s toolkit" - Trusted Reviews
• "[Combines] the capabilities of several expensive camera accessories into a single, affordable product.\” - Shutterbug
Got an Apple Watch or a Pebble Smartwatch? We've got you covered! Wearables works with five of our most popular modes: Simple Cable Release, Self Timer, Press and Lock, Timed Release, and Timelapse.
Here are all the ways you can get triggering:
• Sound sensor - clap, whistle or tap
• Vibration sensor - vibrations and earthquakes
• Motion sensor - detects movement. Catch people with their hand in the cookie jar!
• Peekaboo - facial recognition
• Timelapse - travel through time
• TimeWarp - timelapse with acceleration
• DistanceLapse - perfect for road trips
• Bramping - bulb ramping timelapse to keep your exposure smooth
• Star Trail mode - extreme exposure control to create stunning images of the night sky
• LE HDR - Long exposure HDR sets with up to 19 exposures
• LE HDR Timelapse - create timelapses with all the detail of HDR
Along with all of these, there are a variety of other cable release modes, including Simple Cable Release, Self Timer and Press and Lock options, and timed exposures up to 100 hours long! We also have a handy Solar Calculator to find out the sunrise and sunset times wherever you are, and an ND Calculator to ensure your exposures are just the right length when using neutral density filters.
To connect your iOS device to your camera buy a Triggertrap Mobile Dongle separately. See the Triggertrap website for a list of supported cameras, and for more information. Currently more than 300 camera models are supported, with support added for new cameras all the time.
Long Exposure HDR (LE-HDR) mode supports shutter speeds from several hours down to 1/15th second, and can do up to 19 bracketed shots with 1/3, 1/2, 1 or 2 EV steps.
Addresses the keyboard clipping issues on the iPhone X and iPad Pro model devices, as well as under-the-hood improvements and stability fixes.
Enjoy ~ Alex & Ross.
Ratings and Reviews
Simply superb bit of photo kit. Clear, concise, fun, smart and a tool you'll grow to love with time. Great for Astro pics and time lapse shots. Please however Apple, recognise this as an audio app as it relies upon Audio signals to operate (via cable into headphone socket). You'll need the dongle kit hardware to run via dslr.
Great app, no ads, never crashed on me yet.
Life after death
Although Triggertrap have gone bust, we have a skilled and generous person continuing with software development. Thank you for your support. It is invaluable.
No such thing as WiFi trigger now.
This was a great bit of kit for my camera when I bought it.
But now the WiFi trigger feature doesn’t work at all... I recommended this to a lot of my friends and bought different cables for all my cameras just before the company liquidated.
What a waste of everyone’s money now, all because the developers can’t be bothered keeping on top of the app.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.