The Tripcatcher phone app is a companion app for the Tripcatcher web app, capturing your trip information on the go to support your mileage expense claims.
The app provides accurate mileage tracking for business mileage, for claiming milage relief from HMRC and for any other reason that requires you to have a mileage log.
Tripcatcher is suitable for every type of business including Sole Traders, SME's, Accountants and Bookkeepers. It's perfect for the self employed, employers and employees. With a range of tracking options including GPS , the manual Add Trip form and time saving features, recording your business mileage has never been easier.
Tripcatcher features include:
* Calculates mileage expenses based on HMRC recommended rates for Cars/Vans, Motorbikes and Bicycles (45ppm reducing to 25ppm, 24ppm, 20ppm);
* Tripcatcher caters for company car drivers who claim a mileage allowance for their fuel consumption using HMRC Advisory fuel rates;
* These HMRC Advisory fuel rates are updated quarterly inline with the HMRC quarterly changes ensuring users are claiming the right amount;
* Bespoke rates can also be used for private and company car vehicles;
* Tripcatcher makes claiming for passengers under HMRC rules really easy (5ppm);
* Favourite trips and favourite places save time when entering mileage;
* Google location lookup for addresses saves time and improves accuracy;
* Map selection for route taken and distance calculation ensures accuracy of mileage claim;
* Cumulative mileage is saved to ensure the mileage rate changes at the HMRC 10,000 mileage limit;
* If VAT registered, Tripcatcher will calculate the amount of VAT that can be reclaimed on your mileage expenses and this can save £100's per year;
* Produces HMRC compliant reports;
* Integrates directly with Xero (Bills and Classic Expenses) , Receipt Bank, Expensify and Crunch.
The Tripcatcher phone app is free, however you do need a Tripcatcher subscription through the web account to use this app. The phone app is not stand-alone, it is a companion app to the web app and you need the web app to calculate and publish your mileage expenses e.g. to third party accounting apps.
If you have any queries or feedback then please do contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Ratings and Reviews
I use this app for work and find it extremely frustrating. It’s constantly crashing, forgetting it’s running or signing me out. So when I think it’s recording my journey it’s actually not.
If you manually input A to B this will be fine for you. But if you want it to record as you drive I would not recommend.
I’ve been losing the will to live ever since downloading this app.
Can’t seem to find anywhere for support besides help centre articles which don’t solve to prevent constant app crashing during usage.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Tripcatcher Ltd
- 75.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Tripcatcher Ltd 2021
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.