This is the must have Tube app for Londoners: Tube Exits tells you which carriage to board to always arrive adjacent to the platform exit you need, the quickest route (and shortest transfer) for your journey, and live line status information.
* Nominated for ‘Best Timesaver App’ in the 2011 Carphone Warehouse Appys Awards
* Featured on BBC’s The Tube, BBC's One Show, The Gadget Show, The Guardian, Evening Standard and many more.
“Best iPhone app in ages” - T3.
“Headsmackingly innovative” - Mirror.co.uk
“Best app I’ve bought”, “Fantastic and useful”, “Love it” – recent customer reviews
• Platform exit info (transfer or exit) for all Tube, DLR and London Overground (NEW) stations
• Journey option calculator – shows alternative routes, transfer effort, journey times
• Know which side of the train to get off (particularly useful in peak hour!)
• Line status information (NEW)
• One touch access to favourite / recent / reverse / alternative journeys
• Can be accessed anywhere, including anywhere on the tube network
• Access London Underground Tube map to view offline
• Adjust settings to suit your preferences
• Fully supported
WE VALUE YOUR SUPPORT
• With your ratings and reviews on the App Store and direct feedback (to email@example.com) we can continue to introduce new features – at no extra charge!
Ratings and Reviews
Most reliable app on my phone.
The big advantage of this app over the other travel apps I have is that it works OFFLINE. If you’re on a tube train where there is limited or no reception/WiFi (which is when you’re most likely to use this) the app will not only tell you the correct part of the train to get on for the quickest exit but also give you the quickest/best tube route options - brilliant!
Wish the other more complex travel apps would have offline cache storage so you could at least store a few journeys offline as well.
Other travel app developers : Look and Learn.
This is an excellent app.
• When planning a journey within/across London, it removes all the guesswork about which is the quickest route and whether any changes of train are at the same level or involve escalators/stairs.
• Being shown which carriage to be in (and which door to get out of) leads to a significant saving in journey time. It's so satisfying to arrive right next to the required exit from the platform each time, instead of having to battle one's way along a crowded platform.
The app really comes into its own when one is travelling with a lot of heavy luggage. Excellent!
Excellent app. Could have more accessibility options though
It is a fairly limited, simple app, and should add in more accessibility options and better live multi-mode route planning...
However the benefits are just so tangible. If you have walking difficulties (or just need to get somewhere pronto!) knowing which carriage(s) to get in at each stage of travel on the Tube saves you time and often discomfort.
I doubt it's been scientifically proven, but you would think that having more people leaving carriages closest the most appropriate exit would reduce platform crowding and speed up people exiting stations
The beauty of this app is that it tells you what you need to know to shave a few minutes and lot of stress off your journeys. And it does so in a way signage just couldn't come close to alone.
At it is so popular, I do hope the developers keep updating it as it would be a shame if it got outdated and less functional.
But for now, I'll give this app an A- and one a definite recommendation to buy if you're a regular Tube user.
- Wavana CC
- 10.8 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 Wavana
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.