TunnelBear is a simple VPN app that helps you browse the Internet privately and securely. TunnelBear changes your IP and protects your browsing data from online threats, letting you access your favourite websites and apps worldwide.
Join over 45 million TunnelBear users who worry less about browsing on public WiFi, online tracking or blocked websites. TunnelBear is an incredibly simple app that can help you:
• Change your perceived IP address to help keep your identity private
• Reduce the ability of websites, advertisers and ISPs to track your browsing
• Encrypt and secure your browsing traffic on public and private Wi-Fi networks
• Get around blocked websites and network censorship
• Connect to a lightning-fast private network with access to more than 48 countries
Learn more about our features and the benefits of using TunnelBear today: https://www.tunnelbear.com/features
HOW TUNNELBEAR WORKS
When you use TunnelBear, your data passes through our secure and encrypted VPN servers, changing your IP address and ensuring third parties can't intercept and see what you do online. Your browsing activity and personal information is kept private from hackers, advertisers, ISPs, or prying eyes. Connect to WiFi hotspots privately and securely to keep your data safe.
Try TunnelBear for free with 2GB of browsing data every month, no credit card required. Get unlimited VPN data by purchasing one of our premium plans in the app.
• One-tap to connect. So simple, even a bear could use it.
• No logging policy ensures your browsing habits are private and secure.
• Unlimited simultaneous connections.
• Grizzly-grade security with strong AES-256 bit encryption by default. Weaker encryption isn’t even an option.
• A VPN you can trust. The first consumer VPN to complete annual 3rd party, public security audits.
• Bear speed +9. Use protocols like WireGuard for a fast and stable connection.
• Access to over 5000 servers in 48 countries, physically located in the country you select.
• Anti-censorship technologies sourced by researchers worldwide help keep your connection secure.
Your browsing habits are personal and shouldn't be trusted to just anyone. TunnelBear is proud to be the first VPN service in the world to be independently audited by a 3rd party. You can feel confident that we deliver on our promise to secure your data.
• Subscribe on a monthly or annual basis to receive unlimited data for the duration of the subscription.
• Payment will be charged at time of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless cancelled at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Renewal Policy: https://www.tunnelbear.com/autorenew-policy
Is your Bear misbehaving? Let us know: https://www.tunnelbear.com/support
We think the Internet is a much better place when everyone can browse privately, and browse the same Internet as everyone else. Our award winning applications have appeared on Lifehacker, Macworld, TNW, HuffPost, CNN and The New York Times. Founded in 2011 and headquartered in Toronto, Canada, TunnelBear is available everywhere.
Privacy. For everyone.
WHAT CRITICS ARE SAYING
“TunnelBear excels in trustworthiness and transparency, and it offers fast, reliable connections, easy-to-use applications on every major platform, and handy features for unstable connections.”
“TunnelBear is an elegant, easy mobile VPN that keeps you safe.”
“The app is bursting with charm, but it also delivers security at a good price.”
“All you have to do is turn the switch to “ON” and you are protected.”
“TunnelBear, the gorgeous VPN app that wants to bring online privacy to everyone.”
Took the Bears to the groomers. Just love that New Bear smell, don’t you?
Ratings and Reviews
It’s great but one thing!
At the start it worked it was okay close to my house but didn’t work a certain distance away, but then it started working and I didn’t realise witch was my fault as I should of turned it off. Though I knew that I was to blame I wasn’t overjoyed to be woken to see I had no data left for the month ,but I’m pretty sure that it reboots at the start of the month. It would be better if they had unlimited data for free, but I understand that would not be fundable for the app as it is the people paying for the unlimited data that contribute to funding the company. Overall I would recommend the app to you and thank you for reading my review I hope it helped all I can say is that turn off the data when your not using it and connect up to the WiFi in settings. 🤗
Developer Response ,
Rawr! You can always tweet from within the app for an extra 1GB each month. Your data will reset every 30 days from the day you used to sign up for the account! For more info or assistance, contact us at tunnelbear.com/support
Best VPN app I’ve ever used on mobile
I download so much apps on the AppStore and none of them ever worked. They claim to be “VPN”s but don’t do a thing!
TunnelBear however, is very different! I’ve tried it out and so far it’s been very user-friendly and easy to use. Lots of different locations to connect to without any problems. You don’t have to pay for any subscription service as it is free, unless you want more data.
However, some issues I have is it does slows down my internet speed a bit, and some third-party connections can still sense I’m using a VPN. For example Netflix, I can’t watch anything if I am using TunnelBear because it just blocks everything.
Developer Response ,
Rawr! Thanks for the great review! If you're still running into issues with content access issues, make sure to take a look at the following guide: https://help.tunnelbear.com/hc/en-us/articles/360006840392 Hope this helps! If you have further questions, get in touch at tunnelbear.com/support.
Progressively gotten worse, poor reliability.
TunnelBear has gradually gotten worse over the last 3.5 years.
The application for the iPhone has become evermore unstable, dropped connection, not connecting to country or just not responding at all.
The desktop app was ok, but that has also stated to perform in a terribly familiar fashion as the mobile app. Often the application will tell you it’s connected to required country, but opening application that requires different country or running basic speed test shows that it’s not actually connected to the chosen country.
The mobile application often required a ‘kill and restart’ sometimes several times before it actually makes the connect. External applications have also started to recognise when tunnelbear is in use and blocks connection. Defeats the purpose of the app. The recent price increase and service being provided by tunnel bear is not proportional.
Developer Response ,
Rawr! Sorry for the trouble connecting or remaining connected. Can you get in touch with our support bears at tunnelbear.com/support? We’ll troubleshoot the issue further!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- TunnelBear, LLC
- 90.5 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
English, Amharic, Arabic, Burmese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Persian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © 2024 TunnelBear, LLC.
- In-App Purchases
- Giant £6.99
- Monthly £9.99
- Unlimited data for any 5 devices £4.99
- Grizzly £43.99
- Grizzly Tunnelbear £52.99
- Unlimited data for any 5 devices £39.99