TunnelBear VPN is a free, incredibly simple app to browse the Internet privately and securely.
The beautiful TunnelBear app protects your online privacy, lets you access your favourite websites & apps, and secures your connection on public WiFi hotspots.
Try TunnelBear for free with 500MB of browsing data every month. No credit card required. In-app purchases available for premium plans, which give you unlimited data.
WHAT DOES TUNNELBEAR DO?
Put simply, by using TunnelBear you can browse from anywhere with peace of mind knowing that your online activity is more private from hackers, ISPs, and advertisers.
HOW DOES TUNNELBEAR WORK?
TunnelBear VPN for iOS is a really simple app that encrypts your web browsing and data (making it unreadable) as it leaves your iPad or iPhone. It makes public Wi-Fi safe and secure, and also keeps your browsing private from ISPs. Websites and advertisers will have a more difficult time tracking your physical location and browsing across the Internet.
HOW CAN I TRUST TUNNELBEAR?
Your browsing habits are personal and shouldn't be trusted to just anyone. TunnelBear is proud to be the first VPN service in the world to be independently audited by a 3rd party. You can feel confident that we deliver on our promise to secure your data.
• One-tap connect: App so simple, a bear could use it
• Trustworthy: Along with a strict no-logging policy, we're the only consumer VPN app to have completed a 3rd party, public security audit
• No logging. Your browsing stays private
• Grizzly-grade security: TunnelBear uses strong AES-256 bit encryption by default. Weaker encryption isn't even an option
• Global VPN network: With servers in 22+ countries and lightning-fast speeds, access the websites and apps you love. Anytime, anywhere
• Helpful support that always responds within 24 hours
WHAT CRITICS ARE SAYING
"TunnelBear is an elegant, easy mobile VPN that keeps you safe."
"The app is bursting with charm, but it also delivers security at a good price."
"All you have to do is turn the switch to "ON" and you are protected."
"TunnelBear, the gorgeous VPN app that wants to bring online privacy to everyone."
• Subscribe on a monthly or annual basis to receive unlimited data for the duration of the subscription.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Is your TunnelBear misbehaving? Do you have feedback for us? Do you have a cool fact about bears to share? Contact our support team – email@example.com
Brushed some fur, ate some bugs.
Ratings and Reviews
It’s great but one thing!
At the start it worked it was okay close to my house but didn’t work a certain distance away, but then it started working and I didn’t realise witch was my fault as I should of turned it off. Though I knew that I was to blame I wasn’t overjoyed to be woken to see I had no data left for the month ,but I’m pretty sure that it reboots at the start of the month. It would be better if they had unlimited data for free, but I understand that would not be fundable for the app as it is the people paying for the unlimited data that contribute to funding the company. Overall I would recommend the app to you and thank you for reading my review I hope it helped all I can say is that turn off the data when your not using it and connect up to the WiFi in settings. 🤗
Developer Response ,
Rawr! You can always tweet from within the app for an extra 1GB each month. Your data will reset every 30 days from the day you used to sign up for the account! For more info or assistance, contact us at tunnelbear.com/support
Best VPN app I’ve ever used on mobile
I download so much apps on the AppStore and none of them ever worked. They claim to be “VPN”s but don’t do a thing!
TunnelBear however, is very different! I’ve tried it out and so far it’s been very user-friendly and easy to use. Lots of different locations to connect to without any problems. You don’t have to pay for any subscription service as it is free, unless you want more data.
However, some issues I have is it does slows down my internet speed a bit, and some third-party connections can still sense I’m using a VPN. For example Netflix, I can’t watch anything if I am using TunnelBear because it just blocks everything.
Developer Response ,
Rawr! Thanks for the great review! If you're still running into issues with content access issues, make sure to take a look at the following guide: https://help.tunnelbear.com/hc/en-us/articles/360006840392 Hope this helps! If you have further questions, get in touch at tunnelbear.com/support.
Progressively gotten worse, poor reliability.
TunnelBear has gradually gotten worse over the last 3.5 years.
The application for the iPhone has become evermore unstable, dropped connection, not connecting to country or just not responding at all.
The desktop app was ok, but that has also stated to perform in a terribly familiar fashion as the mobile app. Often the application will tell you it’s connected to required country, but opening application that requires different country or running basic speed test shows that it’s not actually connected to the chosen country.
The mobile application often required a ‘kill and restart’ sometimes several times before it actually makes the connect. External applications have also started to recognise when tunnelbear is in use and blocks connection. Defeats the purpose of the app. The recent price increase and service being provided by tunnel bear is not proportional.
Developer Response ,
Rawr! Sorry for the trouble connecting or remaining connected. Can you get in touch with our support bears at tunnelbear.com/support? We’ll troubleshoot the issue further!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- TunnelBear, LLC
- 193 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, Amharic, Arabic, Burmese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Persian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © 2021 TunnelBear, LLC.
- In-App Purchases
- Giant £6.99
- Giant Tunnelbear £9.99
- Unlimited data for any 5 devices £4.99
- Grizzly £43.99
- Grizzly Tunnelbear £52.99
- Unlimited data for any 5 devices £39.99