Tweetbot is an award-winning Twitter client for iOS and the Mac. Version 6 is built on Twitter’s V2 API which includes features like the ability to view Twitter polls, cards, and more tweet data. Tweetbot will continue to improve as the new API does.
Why Choose Tweetbot?
- Blazing Fast Performance.
- No Ads.
- Unique Experience.
- Chronological Timeline.
Add Tweetbot widgets to your home screen using your main timeline, mentions, search results, or lists!
Quickly filter a timeline to show only tweets with media, retweets, links, or create your own keyword or rules-based filter. Access these saved filters any time with two taps.
Hide Tweets in your timelines by specific users, keywords, hashtags, or even the client that published the Tweet. Select the length of time to mute and use regular expressions for smarter muting.
Ever forget why you followed someone or wanted to jot notes for future reference? Create private notes on a user’s profile that only you can see.
Create and manage public or private lists and then use them as curated timelines. Tweetbot allows you to quickly switch between lists and even use one as your main timeline.
Tweetbot syncs your read position and much more so your experience is seamless when switching from desktop to mobile and vice versa.
Start tweet topics to automatically chain together multiple Tweets (with the ability to append optional hashtags) and create tweet storms.
Add a second column on iPad to view other content like a list, mentions, search results, and etc at the same time.
Sync your unread status and timeline position across all of your devices running Tweetbot (Mac, iPhone, iPad).
Find your own style with multiple dark and light themes.
-- Subscription Details --
• Monthly and annual subscriptions are available
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase
• Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is disabled at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period
• Automatic renewals will be charged at the same price you were originally charged for the subscription
• Subscriptions can be managed or cancelled by going to Account Settings on the App Store after purchase
- Fixed issue where avatars/images would sometimes flash when refreshing a timeline. Yes, it's a pretty small bug, but was driving one of us crazy.
---- 6.5.1 ----
- Fixed issue with playing videos on iOS 15 when timeline media playback is disabled.
----- 6.5 -----
- Added support for selecting text in the Tweet detail view
Ratings and Reviews
Happy to subscribe
Nobody loves the concept of subscription model apps but the Tapbots team deserves supporting for their great work with what is still by far the best Twitter experience for iPhone and iPad so on this occasion, I’m happy to pay.
Loses a star for two reasons:
1. Lack of information on how going forward, the subscription will impact on the macOS app. Will it be covered or will further payment be required?
2. Not a huge deal but perhaps longtime Tweetbot users who’ve paid for multiple versions should perhaps have been offered a discount on initial subscriptions. But the 50% off for early adopters of this app is still nice.
App itself is great and the developers deserve major credit for what they’ve come up with.
I had hoped that existing features would have been fixed
When looking to search the list of accounts you are “following”, you have to scroll down all the way to the bottom of the list to load up all the accounts, else the search won’t work as it only searches from those it has loaded. If the whole list cannot be searched initially then least say something like ‘no people found’ and give an option to load more of the list and allow to repeat until the whole list is loaded or you’ve found what you wanted. The same goes for when searching timelines, it’s be good to be able to press something to mood more of the timeline to search rather then repeatedly scroll down to load more abs then scroll back to the top on the hopes you’ve loaded enough.
There should also be a way to search timelines without needing to lose your place and unread by having to scroll all the way to the top of the list.
Still the best app for Twitter
Tweetbot is still in my opinion the best app for using Twitter with and this new update is a good update even with the yearly cost of £5.99 which looks like might be a launch offer for this update and if in 12 months time it goes up by 50% I’d still pay for it as this app has great features that lets me get more out of Twitter than the official app, the two main features tweets appear in the correct order and don’t just randomly jump around and secondly zero adds, I won’t mind adds if they were of interest to me but on the official Twitter app they are so random it’s silly.
Thank you Tweetbot for making a great app better.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 24.2 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Arabic, French, German, Japanese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2012-2021 Tapbots LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Tweetbot Yearly £5.99
- Tweetbot Monthly £0.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.