Re-imagined from the ground up to be the Mac's most friendly, powerful and modern Twitter client. Twitterrific makes Twitter fun.
⁕ Twitter Your Way
A clean, uncluttered timeline featuring just the content you care about. Tweets are presented in chronological order and other people's likes aren't placed in your timeline.
⁕ Designed for macOS
Twitterrific feels right at home on the Mac. Support for Notification Center, Retina displays, built-in sharing, beautiful animations, full-screen mode & more.
⁕ Timelines Galore
Take control of your tweets with multiple timeline windows from the same account or multiple accounts, all organized on your Mac’s desktop.
⁕ Full Accessibility
Navigate the timeline, compose tweets, and even attach image descriptions quickly and easily using Voice Over.
⁕ Tweet In Style
Twitterrific's appearance panel supports themes, lets you customize fonts & type sizes, and even lets you control how media appears in the timeline.
⁕ Read Anywhere
Whether you use Twitterrific on your iPhone, iPad, or another Mac, the app automatically syncs your reading position for a seamless Twitter experience.
FULL FEATURE LIST:
• Simple to use, easy to understand
• True multi-account/multi-window support
• View mentions, messages, and favorites quickly and easily
• Timeline syncing of reading position across all platforms via iCloud
• Fully accessible via VoiceOver
• Support for Retweet (RT) & Quoted tweets
• Quick access to Emoji when composing new tweets
• Autocompletion of usernames & hashtags while editing tweets
• View Twitter saved searches and lists
• Check out global and local trending topics
• Browse conversation threads between users
• Support for tweet storms & chained tweet threads
• Quickly Delete & Edit your own tweets
• Translate tweets to your native language
• Helpful color-coding of tweet types
• In-app media viewing for images, animated GIFs, Instagram & more
• Share a tweet with actions for email, Messages, Safari Reading List & more
• Muffles & mutes synced from Twitterrific for iOS via iCloud
• Robust in-app media viewer with detachable popovers
• Customize the appearance of media in the timeline or hide it completely
• View user profiles including past tweets, likes & mentions
• Follow and unfollow other users directly from their user profile
• Block and report spammers with a single click
• Theme control (light or dark)
• Font size & type face control
• Robust keyboard control
A new icon along with minor fixes for Monterey and Accessibility.
• Added a new Snowbird icon
• On Monterey, the video player popover can now be detached by dragging on the content
• Square icon versions now appear correctly on Monterey
• The "My Tweets" timeline is now accessible via a keyboard shortcut (Cmd-6)
Ratings and Reviews
Does the job but still confusing
I am a very basic Twitter user but wanted to find a decent app now the official Mac client has been discontinued. I tossed between Twitterific and Tweetbot and chose Twitterific because people said it was easier to use, but I haven’t found that the case. I find the interface design a bit weird - it isn’t obvious how to do certain basic things, and other behaviours are downright bizarre (good luck trying to scroll to the top of your feed - it takes you to a number of random different locations just by pressing home). I hoped for something more slick for the money.
I’ve been using Tweetbot for both Mac and iOS for many years, having purchased Twitterific previously. Whilst Twitterific will never beat Tweetbot in terms of advanced power features like mute filters and the like, it is simply a league above in terms of ease of use, interaction and overall aesthetic. You can really tell that the developers have paid attention to some many little details. This makes the app a joy to use. Plus the notification sounds on both iOS and Mac are amazing.
Overall, Twitterific will serve as my main workhorse for Twitter while occasionally dipping into Tweetbot for an advanced search. But compared to Ollie, Tweetbot looks so dated and bleak.
I got the app when on sale for £7.99. At that price, it’s a steal. Go get it. It’s the best you can get for Mac, even more so now that the awful official Twitter client for Mac is being retired.
Good, but fiddly interface, annoying quirks.
I bought this to replace the mac twitter app, and it does mostly fine, as in the main functions. but a few things drive me mad,
Thread reading is really annoying, spawning a window which disappears when you click away from the app
Video player cannot be full screened, and has no timeline scrubber,
You can’t resize an image unless it’s been moved away from the main window.
Other interface bits and bobs meaning it just feels fiddly. If I could have the twitter ipad app on the desktop, I’d go for that right away. Fingers crossed there’ll be some kind of "view all content inline” button in the future.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The Iconfactory
- 26.8 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires macOS 10.14 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2022 The Iconfactory
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.