Typeeto is an app that enables you to use your Mac keyboard as a Bluetooth keyboard for other devices such as iPad, iPhone, Apple TV, Android device, etc. Now use a full-scale keyboard to type in a text and it will be displayed real-time on your device screen. You do not need to install any other apps on your device – just connect it to Mac and start typing.
With Typeeto you can:
• Write long messages on Mac and send them from mobile devices
• Copy-paste a text from Mac to connected devices
• Use a full-scale keyboard to manage your Apple TV or game consoles connected to TV (except PS3 & PS4)
• Manage music playback on your devices
• Connect any number of devices to Mac
• Switch between devices in a single click or a hot key press
• Save your time & effort - you do not need to set up an extra keyboard separately
To start working with Typeeto follow this 3 simple steps:
• Turn on Bluetooth on Mac and a device you’d like to connect, make sure that both of them are discoverable
• Go to Bluetooth settings on Mac and pair the device
• Connect your device to Mac. Remember that for iOS and Android devices connection has to be initiated from them first.
That's it! Your device is connected - start typing away.
• Select between Dark & Light themes
• Make use of sound effects
• Designate a hotkey to each device
• The device’s type is detected automatically, but you can always change it in Preferences
• Enjoy our cool animation :)
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to help you. Your feedback is welcome; we assure it will be taken into account in our next release.
Fixed: Japanese localization.
Ratings and Reviews
Fine, but no tryout and incomplete description
I installed this app and it worked just fine, however it did not have a feature that I needed. Namely, Command Tab does not go through to the target device - instead, it switches windows on the mac.
Since there was no try-out version and this was not listed in the description, I had to pay £20 just to find out that the app was not sufficient for my needs.
This is a wonderful little Finder Menu Bar app. Great for touch-typing quickly on my Mac and watching it appear on my iPad Pro and/or iPhone.
Fablous is deliberate misspell.
Slightly confusing setup, but works reasonably well.
It’s very handy to be able to click an icon or hit a hotkey to switch your laptop or desktop keyboard between multiple devices, even though it’s actually wired to (or built into) the Mac. I had a couple of problems in setting up my iPhone 6 Plus to talk to my Mac Pro, when the app got confused and wouldn’t recover. However, when I quit it, reconnected my iPhone and relaunched, it worked fine, and it has been fine for several launches since then.
In use, the application works as you’d expect from the description, and seems to be fast and reliable, although there’s one detail missing from the description: the cursor keys work to move the cursor, but using the shift key along with the cursor keys to select text for editing doesn’t work - the device acts as if the shift key was not pressed. This makes editing somewhat laborious, as you can’t block-delete or move text. This could be a new issue with iOS 9.0.2 or El Capitan - I can’t tell. It’s an unfortunate detail, as this greatly weakens the utility of the app… if that could be fixed, I’d raise this review to five stars.
- Vitaliy Golubenko
- 3.5 MB
OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Eltima Software
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.