TypeIt4Me is the original text expander for Mac. It can help you type more quickly and accurately, with fewer keystrokes. Create a library of custom shorthand abbreviations that when typed anywhere on your Mac will instantly expand to become longer ‘snippets’ of text or even pictures. Type frequently used words, names, addresses, phrases and boilerplate paragraphs with just a few taps.
Save time, effort and keystrokes. You need never type the same thing over and over again. Just let TypeIt4Me do the heavy lifting for you. It runs unobtrusively in the background and works systemwide, anywhere you can type on your Mac.
• Insert pictures and formatted text.
• Capitalize new sentences. Prevent double capitals.
• Automatically correct typos.
• Insert the current date and time dynamically, in any format.
• Insert a past or future date or time, with TypeIt4Me calculating it automatically in relation to the present, so you don’t need to work out in your head what day it was or will be.
• Insert Autocue placeholder “prompts”
• Invoke Applescripts. For example, typing om could trigger a script that opens Mail and says “Opening Mail” using one of the built-in voices in OS X.
• Sync with iCloud to use the same snippets on all your Macs - and even with iPhones or iPads running TypeIt4Me Touch.
• Get statistics that tell you roughly how much time you’ve saved
Fixed a minor bug that would cause the wrong pane to acquire focus after saving a snippet.
Ratings and Reviews
Love it so far
Just downloaded this app this evening, having read about it and thought it might solve a not earth-shattering but irritating issue at work of feeling like you are typing the same stock phrases over and over again. Having tried it out now, it appears to do everything I hoped it would - and according to the introductory video, perhaps even more (when I work everything out) :-) Short phrases, or even pages of terms and conditions etc which I have previously copied and pasted are easy as anything to add, and all very easy to set up (as we expect with any product for a mac). Brilliant!
Fast, great value.
This app is a wonderful time saver. It's very simple to set up and after ten minutes I couldn't imagine using a mac without it installed. Text substitution happens in the blink of an eye. A problem with apps like this is it's easy to forget the abbreviations you've assigned to clippings. Typeit4me gets around this by putting your abbreviations in a drop down list in the menubar. This solution is fine if you only have a small number of clippings but If you have maybe fifty or more it becomes unwiledy.
Something that gets in my way is that when you're done editing a clipping you have to click a "save" button before you can move on to add another clipping. Compare this with the behaviour of, say, iTunes when editing a playlist or metadata, you simply make the changes and move on, the app takes care of the saving for you. This is much quicker and simpler than the current behaviour. That's my only real complaint.
By the way, a neat way to synchronise your clippings across muliple macs is to store your clippings file in your Dropbox folder.
Loving the iCloud support...
…however the update just wiped my original local set. I guess I can recover it from my time machine back up when I get home later but it's kind of annoying :/ Aside from this I love this App and have just bought the touch version too. Good job overall :)
EDIT: I spoke to Ricardo from customer support and he told me where to find my original set. Thanks guys!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.