U Money helps you put your finances back in your hands. We want you to improve your financial wellness, through our unique approach to modern banking. With a fully accessible and fair digital service, U Money allows you to access your money whenever, and wherever.
U Money. The one app you need to manage your U Account
Open an account in just a few minutes at uaccount.uk (app sign-ups are coming very soon!) and join the thousands of other people who are taking their finances back into their own hands.
PICK THE RIGHT ACCOUNT FOR YOU
If you don’t need to make payments from your account or don’t visit the cash machine often, go for our PAYG plan and just pay for the services you need, when you need them.
For people who use their U Account as their main account, the £10 per month plan makes perfect sense. One, low monthly fee for inclusive banking.
MANAGE YOUR MONEY
– Get a contactless Visa debit card that you can use globally - whether that’s in a shop, at a cash machine or online
– Free account top-ups (heads up: paying in cash is subject to a 3% charge)
– Check your balance instantly just by opening your app
– See how much you spend each month
– Check when that all-important payment has gone into your account
BUDGET ON THE GO
– Extra Accounts - to put money aside for bills (or something special)
– Set up and manage Direct Debits and standing orders to automatically pay bills from an Extra Account so you know exactly what you have left at the end of the month
– Put money aside automatically with our 365 Budgeting and Emergency Fund accounts, and take away the stress of trying to save
SEND AND RECEIVE MONEY INSTANTLY
– No more waiting around hours for money to land in your U Account. Our payments are now instant
– Spend money abroad
– Use your card anywhere where Visa is accepted
– Don’t risk going over your travel budget, use your U Money app to track your spending wherever you are in the world
– Pay anyone with just a few taps in our app
– Pay in cash at any of the 27,000+ PayPoint locations across the UK
SAFE AND SECURE
– Log in securely using Face ID, Touch ID or your private passcode
– Find out your PIN and account number safely and securely - don’t leave it lying around on a piece of paper
– Find your sort code and account number in seconds. It’s there right when you need it
– Lost your card? Just freeze it in seconds in the app. If you find it you can just head back to the app to unfreeze
– Switch off contactless if you prefer paying with chip and PIN
– Having problems? Send our team a secure message from within the app
With the U Money app, we make it super simple to send and receive money straight from your phone. Get your salary or benefits paid directly into your account. Set up Direct Debits and standing orders to make bill paying a breeze. Withdraw cash from ATMs all around the world. Pay money into your account by bank transfer, or by paying in cash at one of over 27k PayPoint locations across the UK. Check your spending anytime, anywhere.
You can apply for a card with us as long as you’re over 18 years old and you reside in the UK.
Fixed an issue where the change access code screen was not showing
Added new forgotten password feature
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Painfully not fit for purpose...
Not impressed at all. Loads of problems and functions not working properly compared to the original U Account app which worked fine. Looks like this app was rushed into service without proper testing, needs a major overhaul and update ASAP. Would definitely not recommend to anyone as it stands.
this app is useless compared with the other u account app,when I tap in my number it says it’s always wrong so have to put email address and password in.....not like the old app just tap in the number and voila your on.....
This app is too slow compared to old app also there is no PP deposit available yet. Ive switched to pockit card instead . Alot better and faster
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.