U Money helps you put your finances back in your hands. We want you to improve your financial wellness, through our unique approach to modern banking. With a fully accessible and fair digital service, U Money allows you to access your money whenever, and wherever.
U Money. The one app you need to manage your U Account
Open an account in just a few minutes right in the app and join the thousands of other people who are taking their finances back into their own hands.
PICK THE RIGHT ACCOUNT FOR YOU
If you don’t need to make payments from your account or don’t visit the cash machine often, go for our PAYG plan and just pay for the services you need when you need them.
For people who use their U Account as their main account, the £10 per month plan makes perfect sense. One, low monthly fee for inclusive banking.
MANAGE YOUR MONEY
– Get a contactless Visa debit card that you can use globally - whether that’s in a shop, at a cash machine or online
– Free account top-ups (heads up: paying in cash is subject to a 3% charge)
– Check your balance instantly just by opening your app
– See how much you spend each month
– Check when that all-important payment has gone into your account
BUDGET ON THE GO
– Extra Accounts - to put money aside for bills (or something special)
– Set up and manage Direct Debits and standing orders to automatically pay bills from an Extra Account so you know exactly what you have left at the end of the month
– Put money aside automatically with our 365 Budgeting and Emergency Fund accounts, and take away the stress of trying to save
SEND AND RECEIVE MONEY INSTANTLY
– No more waiting around hours for money to land in your U Account. Our payments are now instant
– Spend money abroad
– Use your card anywhere where Visa is accepted
– Don’t risk going over your travel budget, use your U Money app to track your spending wherever you are in the world
– Pay anyone with just a few taps in our app
– Pay in cash at any of the 27,000+ PayPoint locations across the UK
SAFE AND SECURE
– Log in securely using Face ID, Touch ID or your private passcode
– Find out your PIN and account number safely and securely - don’t leave it lying around on a piece of paper
– Find your sort code and account number in seconds. It’s there right when you need it
– Lost your card? Just freeze it in seconds in the app. If you find it you can just head back to the app to unfreeze
– Switch off contactless if you prefer paying with chip and PIN
– Having problems? Send our team a secure message from within the app
With the U Money app, we make it super simple to send and receive money straight from your phone. Get your salary or benefits paid directly into your account. Set up Direct Debits and standing orders to make bill paying a breeze. Withdraw cash from ATMs all around the world. Pay money into your account by bank transfer, or by paying in cash at one of over 27k PayPoint locations across the UK. Check your spending anytime, anywhere.
You can apply for a card with us as long as you’re over 18 years old and you reside in the UK.
We update the app regularly so that we can make it better for you. This version includes several bug fixes and performance improvements. Thanks for using U Money!
Ratings and Reviews
Good but bad
Me and my brother have had U account for at least 2 years now and have had no problems at all. It was great and perfect until recently our accounts were restricted out of no where and the funds we had in the account were taken by U money. It has caused us to become broke as this was our main accounts and now ourselves and families are really struggling in every way. This was all down to u money and I have contacted them in the app and received an automated response that they will get back to me then received no help. They did not even allow us to extract our personal funds once restricting but took them away from us. I really hope that after all this time they do not disappoint me and someone can help me get to the bottom of this. 👍🏾
Easy to use
I found U account when I was looking to start managing my finances a bit better. I got this card so I could use it for my food budget and not over spend meaning it would eat into my ‘bills’ money. I found the set up easy and relatively painless and I got my card pretty quick too. When I get paid I transfer money from my main bank account into this one and use it specifically to buy groceries or take away a etc. I have found in some places IE the prepay petrol pumps that the card doesn’t work but it’s a very small issue for the benefit it brings me in terms of budgeting and managing my finances. I would absolutely recommend you give it a go if you’re wanting to do the same thing.
A good effort
I’ve used uaccount for a few years now
I’ve had no major issues or concerns
When I have had a problem it’s been resolved quickly
I can’t complain
Developer Response ,
That's great to hear! Thanks so much for your review.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Shelby Finance Ltd
- 54 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Shelby Finance Ltd.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.