The app for ubitricity customers: find charging spots and charge with your contract
With ubitricity, charging and billing EVs becomes a piece of cake. With your ubitricity SmartCable and mobile electricity contract, you can charge at all ubitricity charging spots while only receiving one bill – no matter when, no matter where.
The ubitricity app enables you to:
• Find charging spots: With the map search, you can easily find charging spots near you and get real-time information on their availability. Use the route planner to navigate easily to the next charging spot.
• See your charging spots and consumption: Get an overview of your charging sessions in the app and receive information on your consumption at ubitricity charging spots in real-time.
• Check your account info: apart from your charging spots, the app gives you information on your contracts and tariffs, as well as your account information.
We hope you’ll enjoy using the ubitricity app. Feel free to give us your opinion in the comments below – we’re looking forward to your feedback!
Have a good trip!
Your ubitricity team
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
No way to register as a user
You have to have an account to use the app, but the only way to get one is to buy a smart cable. You can’t buy a smart cable — the company is out of stock for and don’t have a date at which they’ll be available again! So although you can use the ubitricity network without a smart cable by scanning the QR code on a charger, there’s no way to get into the app to do so. 🤦
Rates are way too high and there are not enough points
The trouble with these lamp post chargers is that the rates are too high for the charging speed and there are too few of them in our neighbourhood to make them practical.
They charge £0.24/kWh with a charging speed of 5.5 kW. The ESB rapid charger at the end of the road charges nearly 10x faster at 50 kW and costs £0.29/kWh.
I think the price for ubitricity has to come right down to be competitive against fast chargers.
The ESB rapids also come with a dedicated parking spot for EVs, so when it shows as free on the app I always know I can park and charge.
The ubitricity have no reserved parking and in our busy SW2 neighbourhood the chances of nabbing a parking spot in front of one are zero. There are only three of them to cover 6 long streets and although I’d liked to at least try them I have never managed to park near one in months. At least put them on more lamp posts so we stand a chance? And drop the price.
Easy to use, IT’S FREE and there’s no need for an account
This is one of the easiest to use EV charge point apps. The navigation works well and there seems to be more charge points everyday.
- ubitricity Gesellschaft fuer verteilte Energiesysteme mbH
- 52.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 ubitricity G.f.v.E.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.