The ONLY app to show live traffic incidents, roadworks and 3,500+ cameras covering England, Scotland and Wales. The 2020 release includes a new dark mode for iOS13+.
Live traffic incidents, roadworks and traffic cams covering:
- England: Traffic England for all motorways and main trunk roads: 2,000+ cameras
- Scotland: Traffic Scotland: 304 cameras
- Wales: Traffic Wales: 250 cameras
- London: TfL: 911 VIDEO cameras
- Manchester: 63 cameras
- Tyne & Wear: 261 cameras
- Essex: 35 cameras
- Tamar Crossing: 2 cameras
- Today screen widget to show at a glance the nearest current traffic incidents
- Optimised for all iPhone and iPad models.
- Dark Mode throughout the app (iOS13+).
- Sharing: you can easily share traffic camera images (and videos for TfL cameras) with your Twitter followers, Facebook friends or via email etc.
- Shows current incidents in order of distance from your current location (closest incidents are shown first).
- Each incident is colour-coded to indicate the severity of the delay.
- You can quickly see the distance the incident is from you, the road name,
the type of incident and when the incident info was updated.
- The detail view for each incident shows the description of the incident together with a map showing the exact location of the incident.
- Shows current incidents and traffic cams.
- Each incident is colour coded as well as being represented by an icon showing the incident type.
- Clicking on an incident displays more detail right there on the map.
- The map view can also show live traffic camera images.
- Toggle show/hide the cameras on the map.
- Touch a camera icon on the map to view a live camera image.
TRAFFIC CAM FAVOURITES
- Save your favourite cameras for quick access to see how clear/congested your usual routes are.
- Shows at a glance the nearest current traffic incidents without launching the app.
- Toggle traffic information on the map.
- Toggle auto refresh of camera images (will refresh every 10 seconds).
- Toggle always show map on app launch.
- You can configure which incidents are displayed according to the severity of the delay caused.
- Miles or Kilometres setting.
ICONS AND COLOUR CODING
- The icons on the map show the type of incident so you can see at a glance both the incident type and severity (indicated by the colour of the icon).
The incident icons currently available are:
- Accident: ambulance icon
- Congestion: standard congestion sign (3 cars) icon
- Breakdown: car with bonnet raised icon
- Signal Failure: traffic signal icon
- Event (such as football match, concert): a calendar event icon
- Snow or flooding: the appropriate icon
- Other/Hazard/Incident: standard hazard (exclamation mark) icon
Incidents are colour coded accruing to severity:
- Red: severe; delays of one hour or more, or road/exit closed
- Orange: medium; delays 15 minutes or more
- Green: minor; delays less than 15 minutes
- Email me for feature requests/bug reports etc. I would love to hear from you!
- Follow @ukroadsapp on Twitter for latest news on the app.
- Fix for crash when showing incidents on the iPad.
Ratings and Reviews
(As per title) for roads and journeys you do often, which for me, it’s invaluable for Argyll to Edinburgh twice a month. However for Coventry 4 times a year, it is impossible to know if some roads affect me or not. If the app could be incorporated with Apple Maps perhaps, I’m sure people like myself would pay good money for that. Also, search... nothing I ever search is found? M8? Nope. Edinburgh? Nope. ???
Nevertheless Top App. And worth the money, so cough up & don’t be stingy!
Saves a lot of stress
Always good on a long journey to see where jams start with up to date camera pictures not outdated radio reports. However one major complaint- there are always dozens of often minor incidents reported on London roads but little or nothing elsewhere. We have 2 major trunk roads in Essex which run from the east coast to London (A13and A127)Both cross and join the M25. Also the A12 which connects with the M25 runs through Essex. On several occasions serious hold ups have occurred on these roads and no mention has been made or marked on the map. I accept this may not be the fault of the developer but I would like an explanation. Otherwise great app!
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for your feedback. The app is dependent on the quality of the data feeds, in this case the one from Highways England. I can't explain why some incidents would not be reported to Highways England, unless they appeared in the app a little later as there may be a lag between the incident happening and it being reported through the Highways England system. You often see lots of incidents for London as TfL provides a more comprehensive feed of traffic incidents. I'm afraid all of this is outside my control, my ap can only show the information that the various traffic/road agencies provide. Cheers, Andy
Must get app
For a professional driver this is a no brainer purchase. As we know the the uk the matrix overhead road information signs are a useful as a chocolate fireguard, this app give you real time cameras and if you refresh the cameras icon you can instantly see if the road shed is busy or closed. All ready saved me hours in useless diversions I didn’t need to go on because I could see the road had been open regardless of the matrix signs. Buy you won’t regret it. Put the time in and save the cameras in your favourites icon for the roads you mostly use in order it’s like seeing into the future.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Coderun Technologies Ltd
- 7.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Coderun Technologies Ltd
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.