Join the thousands of people who use Universalis daily!
You will get:
• The Catholic liturgical calendar for every year (until the year 2300 and beyond!). You can choose from over 20 local calendars, for USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Ireland and India, and most of the dioceses of the UK.
• The About Today page gives you information and meditations on the saints and feasts of the day.
• The Readings at Mass page gives you the readings, psalms, prayers and antiphons for the day’s Mass. The readings are the Jerusalem Bible version with the Grail psalms, except for the USA and the Philippines, where they are from the New American Bible.
• The Liturgy of the Hours pages give you Morning Prayer, Evening Prayer, Night Prayer, the three daytime Hours, and the Office of Readings. The scripture readings are from the Jerusalem Bible and the psalms are the Grail psalms.
• The unique Mass Today page gives you the Order of Mass and the prayers, readings and so on, all merged into one single sequence, so that you can follow Mass; or even celebrate it if you can find a discreet place to put a laptop on your altar!
• The calendar shows the liturgical colours of each day, and the About Today page explains them.
Everything is permanently built in to the Universalis app. You do not need an Internet connection.
You can choose fonts and font sizes (including huge ones if you can’t see well).
You can also set up an email service to send you selected pages automatically each day.
For full details of the translations used, visit www.universalis.com.
General corrections and improvements. In addition, the second languages in the bilingual Order of Mass now include Hungarian, and the local calendars include the calendar for Malaysia.
Ratings and Reviews
I purchased Universalis quite a long time ago, and despite the comment on this page, I have found it works perfectly well across Mac, iPad and iPhone. Updates are regular and Universalis constantly updates and improves the App. My only concern is that many of the hymns and the scripture readings do not match with the DIvine Office, but I understand this is due to Copyright issues.
I have used the Catholic Calendar on my iPod Touch which I like a lot. So I bought this so I could have the full works on my iPod only to find this does not sync at all with it. However had I purchased Universalis from the iTunes App store I now gather this would give me free access to this version but it's not visa versa. Now to have Universalis on my iPod I would have to pay out another £14.99 which is wrong. I can only conclude that you avoid purchasing this app unless you don't have a portable Apple devise as, like me, you will be wasting your money.
Ps: For the content of Universalis I would give FIVE stars but as I am rarely going to use it on my Mac this is pretty useless to me.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.