This update contains these improvements:
• Fixes a bug that could cause some articles to display extraneous whitespace.
• Fixes a bug that caused duplicate images on articles from interestingengineering.com.
• API requests to Feedbin now use the feedbin.com domain instead of feedbin.me.
• Adds forward-thinking compatibility improvements.
• Adds an Unlock Purchase Status section to the bottom of the About screen. This shows when you purchased the Unlock.
• Checks the Unread Web Service looking for announcements once a day. If you wish to disable this, you can turn off Show App News in the Advanced section of the Settings screen.
The last two bullet items are intended to help prepare customers for Unread 2, a major new version that I expect to release within the next few months. Follow the Golden Hill Software Blog at goldenhillsoftware.com/blog/ for updates.
Ratings and Reviews
Despite the likes of Twitter and Reddit and Apple News and Flipboard and other cool new things existing, I find myself coming back to RSS and specifically Unread again and again. The clean, swipe anywhere interface makes reading articles and keeping on top of the new an effortless joy. The recent iPhone X improvements have been most welcome - keep up the great work!
Still the best
This is the best feed reader on iOS. If you read for leisure rather than for work, you don’t need a complicated app, you just need an app with beautiful, readable typography, a clean layout, and intuitive gestures. Unread does everything you need, and none of what you don’t.
No need to cache everything
This is probably a beautiful app that provides an ideal reading experience but I never had the chance to find out. It synced with my Feedly account which has 700+ feeds and promptly tried to cache 6000+ images (no need to load on demand?). Then I set it to launch Firefox and the prompt kept reappearing and I had to power-off the iPod, completely inoperable. So I’d say in theory there’s a lot to like about this app but at the moment can’t see the advantage for Feedly subscribers.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for trying Unread. You can disable image caching on the Settings screen. If you could write to me at email@example.com I would appreciate better understanding what you mean when you say “the prompt kept reappearing and I had to power-off the iPod”. Thank you.
- John Brayton
- 36.9 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 17+ for the following:
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2019 Golden Hill Software. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Full Unlock £9.99
- Migrate Purchase
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.