For adults in the UK, their biggest fear is running out of money. 11.5 million people in the UK have less than £100 in savings. Upside was created to help people who want to save to do so as easily as possible.
We know getting started with saving money or even finding the money to put aside at the end of the month is hard.
We also know that there is as much as £1250 cashback to be found in everyone’s spend, each year.
We’re passionate about making saving effortless. Our one aim is to find money in your current spending and put it into your Upside account for you.
We don’t want to tell you not to buy a coffee or not to get another take-away. We’re not asking you to make sacrifices by giving up what you love. We just want you to be you, but now, with savings.
* Get cashback automatically - no codes or links required, just spend as normal
* Only see brands that are relevant to you. No spam, or endless offers
* No more waiting! Upside pays you cashback as soon as the transaction shows in your bank account
* Withdraw your cashback whenever you want to
* Get notified when you’ve earned cashback
* Helps to give you peace of mind around your financial security
* Upside is free to use and makes it simple to sign up
* Gets you started on your savings journey
BANK LEVEL SECURITY
* Upside uses SSL 256-bit encryption - the same security protocol that banks use - to ensure that your sensitive personal information is fully encrypted and securely stored.
* The app uses TouchID fingerprint authentication / facial recognition for added privacy and security.
* We never see or ask for your bank password or login details.
* We're authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Upside is connected with over 70 banks in the UK, including:
Lloyds Banking Group
The Royal Bank of Scotland
Upside connects with your bank via Open Banking using the most secure technology.
“I love this app. I’m an avid discount and bargain hunter. This has just given me so much time back. I no longer have to dispute non-payment due to incorrect cashback tracking. Because Upside sees the transaction there’s no questions on whether I’ve spent with a brand.”
“I’ve found budgeting apps seem like a good idea, but I just stop using them. Just like being told what you shouldn’t eat, being told what you shouldn’t buy becomes tedious over time.”
“Being paid the cashback pretty much immediately and just having it in the app where I can access it if I want to, has helped me to save - watching it add up has been super satisfying. I always wanted to have a little safety net of savings!”
“I just set it and forget it. All of a sudden I’ll get a notification telling me I’ve earned Upside. It’s awesome, I always forget to look for codes and visit cashback sites and now I just don’t need to!”
Thank you so much for your feedback, please keep it coming. We’ve made further improvements to the usability of the app:
* The registration process is now even easier for new users to join up.
* We’ve solved an issue that was making it difficult for some people to get in touch via live-chat.
* A new feature that will give you more opportunities to earn cashback is almost complete. Watch this space, we’ll announce that by e-mail when it launches.
Ratings and Reviews
Good service, app could be better.
I’ve just requested to close my account and in terms of service, I can’t complain. Most companies make it a headache to close your account, but the process was quite easy. Only thing is trying to use the customer service through the app just never worked for me, whenever I tried it would stay stuck on a loading screen. In terms of the apps actual functionality, it just didn’t benefit me to be honest. I forgot it was there after a while, when I remembered to check it, I’d made less than a quid in cash back. Doesn’t seem to apply to me, so doesn’t seem worth keeping.
Could be great but...
I joined this after reading reviews and one person naming Sainsbury’s, Starbucks, TfL etc and thought it was worth a go. Bank linking was not working but A quick contact with them fixed that, so excellent service there. It seems at the moment that partners are somewhat transient, none of the ones I mentioned above are apparently available at the moment and the current brands I do not use which is a shame. I will keep it for now and see how it grows it’s brand partnerships.
Loving it - excited to see the partner list grow!
Fantastic app - Get cash-back across all cards, for free, with no effort required.
Have had Amex cards for years and never manage to use the offers as they’re usually irrelevant and have to save them first.
Upside already covers quite a lot of regular spend (Starbucks, TfL,Sainsbury’s, some bills etc.) and the cash-back happens automatically every time you pay. Much better model, and its free. Also works with Amex so can get the points as well!
Joined as a Beta user and have seen the amount of cash-back I’m getting more than double each month as more partners are added. Hoping this trend continues!
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Upside Money Ltd
- 49.4 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2020 Upside Money Limited
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.