V-SOS Band by Vodafone lets your loved ones go about their day knowing you don’t need to worry about them. With its SOS button and fall alert, this wristband will alert you and your family if help is needed or if it detects a fall whether the wearer is out and about, at home or even in the shower.
Discover everything V-SOS Band has to offer with the V-SOS Band by Vodafone app.
• Review the details of the band and its status on the Bands section.
• The Family members section lets you manage other members that can access the app and which bands they are associated to.
• Review the alert history of each band on the Activity section.
• Settings help you configure your account and the details of your plan.
• Notification centre will let you know if the band needs an update.
V-SOS Band is part of V by Vodafone. To find out more, visit v.vodafone.com.
- Minor improvements and optimisations
Ratings and Reviews
Ok but needs some improvements
Bought a band for my father and as part of the set up process downloaded the app. Initial set up went ok but it took a few attempts before the band was recognised and came on line. Tested the band a couple of times and the timescale was varied partly possibly due to less than perfect phone signal.
Tried to set up a family member using the link that can be sent. This resulted in the second phone being logged in as administrator. After some deleting and reloading the app on the second phone this was resolved.
Set up two further phones by simply downloading the app and registering (without sending a link) and then setting the numbers up within the administration of the band. This was much cleaner and worked first time.
There are a couple of minor things that could be improved:
- the invite should direct to download the app but not populate the fields
- the alerts should be sent by text message as this is more likely to be heard / responded to
- the app should be extended onto Apple Watch. I’ve not specifically tested to see if the alerts appear on my watch but initial testing didn’t appear there.
The band itself would benefit from a longer strap (older people tend to be a bit more chubby), and including a watch within the device would mean that it could replace a watch rather than be in addition to it.
Bought this for my elderly mother, who has been using it since January 19. An early update to the band has reduced false activations and it seems now to be working fine. I too would like to see the software updated to use the alarm feature in IOS and over ride the silent hours. Another request would be for an option for family members to activate remotely to identify the location of the band should the wearer have ‘wandered’. Developers hopefully read and include.
The idea behind the SOS Band and app is good, but there's a fatal flaw. The app notifies you that the wearer has fallen or manually triggered an alert by a simple notification. If your phone is quiet or n silent mode or in your bag or you're asleep, you'll go hours without seeing the notification. The app URGENTLY needs the addition of a loud alarm that can override silent mode and make a sound loud enough to wake you. And the alarm needs to keep sounding until a family member with the app responds.
My mother did fall while wearing the band, and I did get a notification. But the notification was so quiet that I didn't notice until I checked my phone several hours later. As it stands, this device and app is not fit for purpose.
- Vodafone Sales and Services Limited
- 91 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, German, Greek, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018, Vodafone Group and/or its licensors. Vodafone and the Vodafone logo are trade marks of the Vodafone Group
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.