In order to use the V4-MP app you must purchase and install on your bike the additional electronic unit Piaggio Multimedia Platform sold separately as an option for your RV4 MY 2015 and Tuono V4 My 2015
Telemetry arrives with V4-MP
WARNING: after the first pairing of your mobile device to the V4-MP electronic unit the following operations are MANDATORY:
- Turn the key off
- Wait for 20 seconds and turn the key on again
- Launch the V4-MP app
This procedure is needed ONLY while pairing a new device.
If the procedure is not correctly completed it will be impossible to correctly use the app just for the first trip (some values will be wrong).
A new highly advanced version of the Multimedia Platform transforms your smartphone into a semi-professional tool with exceptional information capabilities. Multimedia Platform is the innovative device offered exclusively by the Piaggio Group which allows you to connect your vehicle to your smartphone and consequently to the web. With this application your smartphone becomes an actual sophisticated on board multifunctional computer and the link between the vehicle and the Internet. This is a window to the future which lays the foundation for a new way of looking at communication on two wheels.
Thanks to further development of this fascinating system dedicated to V4 Aprilia motorcycles, communication between vehicle and smartphone becomes active: the rider can automatically change from the smartphone the electronic settings on RSV4 and Tuono V4, plus get tips in real time on how to improve track performance in absolute safety.
Some of the more prominent features of V4-MP are:
- Active electronic setup: this is as close as you can get to the “corner-by-corner” electronic management used in racing. By synergic use of the GPS feature of your smartphone and of the dynamic data coming from the vehicle, the system recognises the position of the bike at any given time on the track and automatically adapts the electronic systems (traction control and anti-wheelie) based on rider selected settings, corner by corner. This allows to increase safety and effectiveness on the track, adjusting the control parameters at every point on the circuit without distractions.
- Adaptive race assistant: this feature provides tips in real time to safely achieve your best lap on the track with your V4. The application compares in real time the rider’s reference lap with the current performance and assists by immediately indicating the need to brake or the possibility of opening up the throttle, to gradually achieve better lap times.
- Advanced telemetry dashboard: this is a “virtual” dashboard that lets you use your smartphone's display to see, not only all the information on the standard instrument cluster, but also numerous other parameters acquired by the bike's telemetry such as, for example: instant power distributed to the driveshaft; instant torque distributed to the driveshaft; percentage of power available; rear wheel thrust; rear wheel slippage; longitudinal and lateral acceleration (G-G diagram); lean angle.
The Active electronic setup and Adaptive race assistant are available for the following race tracks:
If you want a new track to be added, please provide us a list of your favourite circuits and, possibly, a data acquisition of some laps performed (possibly at low speed) with our application at the following address:
We will evaluate your requests and release the new circuits maps in the next updates of the app.
Fixed map opening while the app is not connected to the vehicle
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Maps don’t work
I bought the MP module for the bike which wasn’t cheap. As others have also commented, maps simply don’t work. Touch the map button and nothing - stays on the home screen - the map button is seemingly disabled. The most recent (1y ago) update/bug fix apparently delivered a single new feature - fixing the maps - but it simply did not. Come on Aprilia. How can you sell the h/w when you must know the accompanying app doesn’t function correctly. Hopefully your app software developer isn’t the same one who wrote the traction control algorithms 🤣
The app doesn’t work properly with my 2019 model Tuono V4 Factory. The maps will not open & it keeps crashing whists trying to open the bluetooth option to pair additional items like intercom etc...
Would be great if I could get the maps to work, I thought the 2.1 update would do that?
Also the model years finish with 2017! It’s 2019 now!!
Trying acquisition of a track, doesn’t work, maps, doesn’t open.
Very disappointed with this app. So pleased this was standard on the RF be really upset if I bought it separately...
- Digital Tales S.r.l.
- 396.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2015 Piaggio P.IVA. 01551260506
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.