Valedo® - The digital back coach
Valedo is an ideal medical device for those who care about lower back health. By training only minutes a day, Valedo’s game-like exercises can help you improve movement awareness, restore motion to vertebral joints and redevelop deep muscles in your back. With Valedo you can benefit from 45 therapeutic exercises which help enhance treatment of non-specific lower back pain.
The registered medical device has already won several awards:
• CES Innovation Honoree Award 2015
• Nomination for the ‘Edison Award 2015‘
• BMA Silver Winner – in the category Best App 2014
The Valedo® set consists of 2 wearable motion sensors, 100 medical attachment tapes, a USB cable for charging, and a user manual in a portable case. A trial mode, requiring no movement sensors, is included in the app.
• The trial mode, however, is not sufficient for effective back training.
• Valedo® can be ordered directly on www.valedotherapy.com.
Specifically, Valedo® is intended for people who:
• Wish to prevent non-specific lower back pain (LBP)
• Have non-specific LBP and wish to strengthen their deep back and core muscles to increase spinal stability and long-term pain relief
• Want more responsibility for their own health using the latest technology
• Are searching for a tool to enhance their current therapy
• Are therapists treating others and are looking for a system to improve patient compliance, motivation and qualified information exchange
*For iPad: 3rd generation and higher, all iPad mini, iPad 4th generation recommended
*For iPhone: 5th generation and higher
*Software: minimum iOS 6.1, iOS 7.1 and higher recommended
•Progress and replay challenges: A new way to challenge yourself and track your progress while discovering Valedo
•Stances: A new exercise to strengthen your back while training your core stability
•Training overview graph: A new report graph to visualize your activity over time
•Movement quality: Better movement performance calculations and improved visualisation of wrong movements
•Sensor algorithms: Fixed the invalid movement violation at the beginning of the exercise and improved sensor discovery and connectivity
•General enhancements for a better user experience
•New language supported: Play Valedo in Chinese
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.