Vesper is a simple and elegant tool for collecting notes, ideas, things to do — anything you want to remember. Organize your notes whatever way comes naturally to you, without complications. Vesper's focus is on how it feels to use.
• Use tags to group related notes.
• Attach photos.
• Drag and drop notes to reorder them — move important ones up, other ones down.
• Swipe a note to send it to the archive. Out of sight, but remembered forever.
• Keep notes backed up with Vesper Sync.
Q Branch is closing down, and Vesper will no longer be developed. Here’s what that means for you, as a Vesper user:
• You can no longer create new sync accounts.
• The sync server will go offline, permanently, at 8:00 PM Pacific on August 30, 2016.
• Upon shutdown, we will be destroying all sync data on our server. It will not be recoverable by us or anyone else. IMPORTANT: The notes and data stored by Vesper on your device will not be destroyed — only the data on the sync server.
• Vesper itself will be removed from the App Store on September 15.
• Vesper now has an Export feature. You’ll find it at the bottom of the sidebar. You do not need a sync account to export your notes. You can export to iCloud Drive, Dropbox (if you have Dropbox installed on your iOS device), or any other destination provided by an app with a Document Provider extension.
• Each note is exported to a plain text file. Images are exported as well.
We three at Q Branch — Dave, John, and Brent — are greatly appreciative of everyone who has used and said good things about Vesper. We love this app. But the time has come to say goodbye. We thank you, sincerely, for your support and enthusiasm.
Ratings and Reviews
I'm in two minds about this app. I simply adore the design. It's functional, beautiful and deferential. It's not minimal, it's appropriate. That's exceedingly rare to find.
On the other hand, I'm not sure it's usable for a heavy text person like me. TextExpander support and some kind of sync (Dropbox, or even OmniPresence perhaps?) would make this a serious editor for me which would displace several other apps (Evernote, Notes, Text Editor du jour).
But I'm not even sure that's what the app intends to, or even should, be. It's advertised as a place to collect notes. Using it in this way without any form of sync is borderline irresponsible. Where this app excels is drafting messages, emails and notes to be sent to other apps, a la Drafts. A particular favourite workflow with Vesper is the ability to draft an email with an image attachment.
For now, I'm personally going to stick with Drafts. However, I'm recommending Vesper to non-techies who might find Drafts a bit too much. And I'm giving Vesper the benefit of the doubt. For a 1.0.x release it's truly exceptional and I hope it improves further.
Oh and for the people b*tching about the price; since when was £3 a lot to spend for decent software?
Great little app
Shame to see it go. Grab it while it's still available and free.
Great value for money
Elegant, simple and straight to the point. Best part? It's free!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.