Virus Scanner Plus by Bitdefender brings the company's top rated antivirus technology to the App Store!
Stay safe! Keep others safe!
Scan running apps, scan critical locations or scan the entire system whenever you choose or activate Continuous Scan to keep Virus Scanner Plus running all the time. If you download an infected file or get one in the mail your Mac will be protected and your friends' computers safe.
Stay safe and keep other safe by not passing malware along.
- Award-winning Bitdefender antivirus engines;
- Detects OS X and Windows viruses alike;
- Updates to the latest version automatically if enabled;
- Quick scan option - rapidly scans system areas that are prone to infections;
- Searches for malware even in archives and other types of files i.e. pdf, pkg, zip, rar etc;
- Easy to use interface;
- Straight-forward security status and recommendations;
- Quarantines dangerous files;
- Deep system scan;
- Drag and drop scan of files or folders;
- Exclude files and folders from scan (i.e. Time Machine backups, etc.)
Ratings and Reviews
Doesn't work properly with Mojave
I've just update to Mojave and installed the latest Bit Defender update that apparently adds support for Mojave.
It doesn't work though - it keeps telling me to allow permissions for full disc access (which it has).
Hopefully a proper fix will be available very soon or I will be uninstalling it.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. This issue was addressed. Please check if you are still asked for permissions.
Good but not great
Please add an option do disable the update report notifications and show notifications only when there is a found virus.
Developer Response ,
Hello, Thank you for your feedback. You may disable its Notifications from System Preferences -> Notifications.
Updates downloads issue
I am removing this program from my Mac because it seems to be unable to determine that my Mac is actually ‘online’ and consequently I often receive a message informing me that the update download was unsuccessful because there was no Internet connection even though I was online. Back to a more robust and recognised company for my anti-virus support.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.