VLC for Mobile is a port of the free VLC media player to iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
It can play all your movies, shows and music in most formats directly without conversion.
It allows file synchronization with Dropbox, GDrive, OneDrive, Box, iCloud Drive, iTunes, direct downloads and through WiFi sharing as well as streaming from SMB, FTP, UPnP/DLNA media servers and the web.
VLC offers support for advanced subtitles including full SSA compatibility, multi-track audio, and playback speed control.
VLC for Mobile is completely free and open source.
· Equalizer is now off by default, this fixes a couple of audio issues some users were experiencing
· Scrollbars are replaced by wrapping text in the Web UI for up and downloading media
· Fix a crash when drag and dropping media
· Add Store Translations for Czech, Hungarian, Polish, Romanian, Slovak, Thai, Ukrainian
Ratings and Reviews
My go to movie player, but needs iPad Pro 11 update
As per the title, VLC has been my main app for collating video files for a long time now, but its not without its problems.
- having just got my new 11 inch iPad Pro the app is not yet optimised for it and I’m left with black boarders round the edge of the screen and the white bar at the bottom.
- I also find it temperamental when it comes to renaming files, ie it often doesn’t work.
- trying to arrange files into folders seems to be a dark art. Often get error messages about it not liking 2 file types or something as I add a new file to a folder, yet if I delete all those files and re add them all together they will then often then all form a folder. It would be great if folders just worked!
the most beautiful app in existence
If i were to marry a map, it would be this one. It’s just SO attractive and beautiful. This app get 11/10 because it goes the extra mile. The developers of this app obviously cared about what they were doing. I am so madly in love with this app. It’s just so good. I’m used to having to fling around everywhere because ios enjoys being difficult but I was absolutely gobsmacked at how easy it was. It’s really a shame I didn’t find out about this a few years earlier because then I wouldn’t have to had used online converters which make the quality absolutely DISGUSTe. I am not joking when I say this app is a life saver. This has convinced me that Jesus 2 has been born and we were just all unaware, because clearly an app so godly could only have been made by Jesus. There are lots of different ways to transfer files from my laptop to my iphone. I couldn’t ask for more, this app is everything i’ve wanted.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review!
does the job I need it for but...
Downloaded this so I can watch a series that is in the file format .MKV as it doesn’t work normally on the iPad.
Was very easy to get the videos to my iPad, just dragged and dropped in iTunes, but when playing the video in the app and pausing the sound stutters and jumps around, even when the app is closed completely and the iPad is locked.
When the video is playing it’s fine, but pausing the video causes the sound to glitch out. I haven’t found a real way to stop this issue other than randomly pressing the pause/play button multiple times (sometimes up to 20 times to get the sound to stop) or just restarting my iPad which is easier but also really frustrating as it wastes time.
As I said, it does the job I need it for but as soon as I finish watching the show I have on here I’m definitely uninstalling.
- 133.9 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Belarusian, Bosnian, Cambodian, Catalan, Corsican, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Faeroese, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © VideoLAN and authors
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.