Most folks meet by seeing each other and think that’s enough. At Vorail, we feel sight is just not the right way to meet someone new. When you use the Vorail app, you meet people by their voices, their contributions to conversations and the questions they ask. No pictures. The true beauty of a person lies within and if you hear our voices, you’ll quickly understand. Come hear what you’ve been missing.
Vorail is controlled by gestures, not by pushing buttons. List of gestures at About page of http://www.vorail.com
Listen to highlights by finding "The Vorail Roundtable" podcast on iTunes.
Vorail in the news:
.. Dr. Mara Karpel & Your Golden Years ask the Vorail community about finding joy and happiness at http://drmarakarpel.com/sun-jan-22-vorail-com-social-media-app-global-visually-impaired-community-developer-tom-rosenthal-cellist-jen-mulhern-laura-gelezunas-puerto-vallarta/
.. RNIB App of the Month - Vorail (http://www.rnib.org.uk/blogs/technology-blog)
.. AppleVis Extra Scott Davert and Thomas Domville talk about Vorail at http://www.applevis.com/podcast/episodes/applevis-extra-43-interview-developers-vorail
.. The Tech Doctor Blog and Podcast, Robert and Allison speak with a developer and a user of the new social media app called Vorail at http://dr-carter.com/podcasts/20160509withchapters.mp3
.. Randy and Jason feature Vorail on American Council of the Blind's Main Menu at http://acbradio.org/sites/default/files/archives/shows/mainmenu/mm20160610.mp3
.. iAccessVO Episode by Ed Plumacher and Brian Fischler chat with Vorail developers at http://traffic.libsyn.com/iaccessvo/iAccessVO-015.mp3
.. AppleVis podcast by Scott Davert demos Vorail at http://www.applevis.com/podcast/episodes/get-talking-vorail-ios
.. Blind Hour Podcast with Tom R (Vorail.com) at https://soundcloud.com/blindhour/bhp109
.. "Social networking through voice rather than vision" (E-ACCESS BULLETIN)
.. "Vorail: Social Media for People with Vision Loss" (Second Sense)
List of gestures available at http://www.vorail.com/
Start and join conversations in voice with a subscription to Vorail:
• monthly subscription enables unlimited access for a month at a time. Listen to and record an unlimited number of questions and answers.
• annual subscription enables unlimited access and two free months. Listen to and record an unlimited number of questions and answers.
• monthly subscription is usd 4.99 per month, annual subscription is usd 49.99 per year.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Mono recording via internal mics, even on newer phones running versions of iOS 14.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This is a really good app
Vorail is a really good app. I have been using it for a while now. I don't have many friends and using Vorail has helped me to make some more. Although the downside seems to be that not many users are from the UK. I am a visually impaired iPhone user so i use voice-over. This app is completely accessible with voice over. I have tried a few different apps for chatting to people, many of which are not accessible. I think that all apps, especially those for meeting new people, should be made legally accessible to anyone. I would recommend this app to anyone either site impaired or fully sighted who is looking to meet new people
I used to be here back in the day but left when it went to subscription. I re-installed it to see how it looks now and I have to say that it is probably one of the least intuitive apps I have ever encountered. Can play questions and answers easily enough, and could probably answer questions,but there seems to be no way to switch to record function, obviously there is, but it’s not self explanatory what so ever, and with a recording app it really needs to be as simple as a setting or a finger swipe, but it isn’t. I shall now be cancelling my subscription before the free trial runs out, and would urge anyone not to bother with it.
Very poor pricing model
This app charges, and does not really explain why. It shows that they charge $49 per month or four dollars per month. That does not make sense at all, the developer needs to really check when they are writing things up. The community in this app isn’t very good now it’s paid, they have unfortunately ruined a good thing.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Pixtas, LLC
- 19.5 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Pixtas LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Vorail £3.99
- Vorail Monthly Subscription £4.49
- Vorail £39.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.