Wärtsilä iSailor is an easy-to-use marine and river navigation application for amateur seafarers.
iSailor provides a clear presentation of navigational information, electronic charts and additional content.
TX-97 vector charts supported by iSailor are recognized worldwide as one of the most accurate and reliable sources of navigational information.
Check out the chart folios available for purchase on our website: isailor.us
Chart folios can be purchased and downloaded in the iSailor Chart Store utilizing the standard iTunes Store payment/purchasing procedure. Chart correction service is provided on annual basis via the auto-renewable subscription service. iTunes will charge payment after confirmation of the chart correction purchase. You may manage your subscriptions and turn off the auto-renewal service in the Account Settings. Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renewal is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the subscription period. You can cancel your subscription in the Chart Store any time. All previously purchased chart folios will remain available for you and can be restored from the service via the Chart Restore function. To receive subsequent chart corrections for your purchased charts, you will need to subscribe to the annual updates in the Chart Store.
The application works on iPhone and iPad using built-in GPS, NMEA Wi-Fi GPS or an external Bluetooth GPS.
Supported devices (iOS version 9.3.5 and higher):
• iPhone 4S or higher
• iPad - 2nd generation or higher
• Positioning system: iOS (Built-In GPS), NMEA GPS or AIS Class B (Option)
• AIS Class A NavData interface (Option)
• NMEA Heading and Rate-Of-Turn sensors (Option)
• NMEA Echo Sounder with a graphical 2D echogram and water temperature sensor (Option)
• NMEA Wind Sensor, including True & Relative wind calculation (Option)
• NMEA Autopilot interface (Option)
• Display of charts, routes, track(s) and user objects
• AIS target presentation. Target contours and dimensions (Option)
• Internet AIS service (Optional subscription)
• Weather service (Optional subscription)
• Tides and tidal currents (Optional subscription)
• Sailing guides, regional marinas (Optional subscription)
• North Up, COG Up, Head Up and Route Up chart orientations
• Information on any vector chart objects
• Free cursor, Point-To-Point and Own ship referenced ERBL functionality
• Monitoring of navigational data: Position, Course (COG) and Speed Over Ground (SOG)
• Route creation by the graphic and tabular methods. “Go To” routes.
• Waypoint monitoring: Bearing to WP, Distance to WP, XTD, Time-To-Go and ETA
• Schedule information: Time-To-Go and ETA to any selected waypoint ahead
• Multi-language support
• Multi-unit support
• Custom track colors
• Day and night chart palettes
• Alarm monitoring functionality
• Route, track and user object: export/import via GPX, KML and KMZ formats
• Advanced Logging and Playback function (Option)
• User object sharing via Facebook, Twitter, iMessenger, eMail
NOTE: Continuous use of the GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease the battery life. Wärtsilä iSailor application may use your location even when it’s not open, which can decrease battery life of the device
iSailor web site: http://www.isailor.us
iSailor EULA: http://www.transas.com/legal/Wartsila_Voyage_EULA.pdf
iSailor Privacy Notice: http://www.transas.com/Media/Default/Downloads/Wartsila_Voyage_Privacy_Notice.pdf
Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com
What’s new in Wärtsilä iSailor
In this latest release, we are introducing a new annual subscription service. This means that all newly purchased chart folios will include a free correction service available to you all year round.
Whenever you choose your next sailing destination and purchase the chart folio through the Chart Store, you will see the subscription end-date for your correction service under the folio name.
Each time when a chart update is available, you will see a star notification and an update button in the Chart Store.
Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renewal is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the subscription period. You can cancel your subscription in the Chart Store any time.
All previously purchased chart folios will remain available for you and can be restored from the service via the Chart Restore function. To receive subsequent chart corrections for your purchased charts, you will need to subscribe to the annual updates in the Chart Store.
NOTE: App Store will charge payment after confirmation of the chart correction purchase. You may manage your subscriptions and turn off the auto-renewal service in the Account Settings. If you re-subscribe, your new subscription will be automatically updated at the current price unless you cancel chart update service before the subscription period ends in Settings -> iTunes & App Store -> Apple ID -> View Apple ID -> Account -> Subscriptions.
We hope you enjoy this update and improved version of iSailor!
Ratings and Reviews
Still does not scroll around the 180th meridian
I know this isn’t a big deal for most people, but to be unable to scroll across the antimeridian makes cruising around Fiji (for example) very tedious as you can’t plot routes that cross the line, you suddenly have to scroll madly to the other side of the world. Its nuts! It suggests that they really didn’t think properly about the model to use. Other nav apps don’t have this issue.
I’ve been commenting on this for 3 years now, and had assurances the developers were working on it - but it seems they’d rather turn it into a subscription model and fleece you more for charts, than to actually fix their software :(
In fact, the update rate has slowed to a crawl - so I suggest you avoid this for now as it seems to be becoming abandonware....
Reliable replacement for Chartplotter
I am an active UK coastal small yacht racing skipper and single-handed long distance ocean sailor, with all levels of RYA qualifications including Yachtmaster Instructor. I have been a sailor for over 45 years. All my sailing is done on a tight budget and I own a 39 year old IOR half tonner. I cannot afford a chart plotter, so I use an iPad at the navigation table and and iPhone at the helm. I spent a season on passage from UK to Portugal using iNav with Navinics charts and it worked quite well. The following season I wanted to start using the app but found I needed to renew my annual subscription just to access charts and then renew annual subscriptions for most of the Bavin ice charts that I thought I had already purchased. I promptly switched to Transas iSailor. That was 5 Year’s ago. I have never looked back! The value for money is superb. The charting is accurate and regularly updated. Once purchased the access to frequently updated charts is for life. The passage planning, weather, tides/currents, port information and AIS tools all work. And I can use it on both my iPhone and iPad at the same time. Delighted user!
New subscription model is poor and not easy to turn off the auto renew
If I am sailing round the world I don’t want to update charts for a place I was at a year ago. I certainly don’t want to have an auto renewal feature for an unspecified amount of money.
And it is not described in the user manual or under settings/subscription options as to how to turn off auto renewal despite the claims on the website. It is made simple (and very expensive) to make add ons, but completely hidden (if it is there) how to cancel the auto-renewal.
Very poor development, and I have bought my last iSailor chart until this is removed. They have really shot themselves in the foot.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Wartsila Voyage Sweden AB
- 73.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
English, Danish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- Copyright © 2010-2018 Wärtsilä Voyage Limited. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Tides & Currents subscription £9.99
- Internet AIS Service 1 year subscription £15.99
- UK. England, South Coast £13.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.