Wake is a professional networking tool that lets you start up PCs, Macs and Servers remotely. Compatible with all 'Wake On Lan' capable devices, Wake even gives you a status indicator to tell you whether each machine is on or off.
* Wake button sends 'Wake On Lan' magic packet to start up a machine.
* Works over wifi or cellular data network.
* Status indicator glows to tell you whether each machine is on or off.
* Automatically detects your computers for easy setup.
* Shake'n'wake - shake the device to wake all computers!
* Start up a machine remotely, then use VNC or other remote access service to view files.
* Monitor a list of business critical servers.
* Start up a classroom full of PCs from your desk.
For troubleshooting, go to davet.org/wake/support.html
- Updated graphical layout of wake button to fix problem on iPhone SE where 'i' symbol overlapped.
- Made user interaction on wake button more obvious.
Ratings and Reviews
I tried several services, including iShutdown and the other services that pop up. None of them worked, then I found this. It immediately detected my PC (running Bonjour) and brought up all the info for it immediately, without me having to input it. I then turned off my machine, and turned it back on immediately with this. Amazing software.
This works like a charm and I use it to wake my server and 2 media pc's. If anyone has problems then they need to check that their router had the correct ports open for wake on lan (wol). Top marks for a good, effective tool.
Good but can be better
Rate it 4-star because developer stated it only wakes machine hook up by wire not on WiFi network and if it supports wake-up by WiFi I would rate it 5.
However, I managed to make it work by WiFi using my iPad/iPhone since this is really what I need that to control my iMac while watching TV downstairs.
Strangely, I noticed if I keep the Splashtop remote server (I use it to remote control my iMac) dialogue box open, i.e. open it's preference and KEEP the dialogue box open not close it then I can use Wake-it to wake up my iMac via WiFi even though it is not wired to my router!
This is a real bonus as I can keep my iMac shut(sleep I shall say) most of the time but when I want to tune into my Apple TV I can easily access my entire library without having to leave my sofa!
Enough been said, Apple shall really look into the great functionality Snow Leopard supported, Wake-on-demend, make it compatible with Apple TV and indeed iOS the like.
Hope this helps those of whom lazy like me... Enjoy!
- Dave Thompson
- 653.3 KB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Dave Thompson
- In-App Purchases
- Medium/large network AddOn £0.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.