This mobile application aims to be a guide (GPS) to all hikers in Madeira Island, providing useful information about the levada trails.
With more than 50 trails with updated information and available offline, this is the app you need to unleash your explorer’s spirit and come discover the natural wonders of Madeira Island!
** There is only one free walk available to explore. To enjoy all the trails forever you just have to buy once! **
• More than 50 walks to explore
• Distance, difficulty, duration, description and photos for each trail made by local hikers
• Map with GPS trails: Offline, Satellite and Terrain
PLAN YOUR ADVENTURE:
• Plan your walks with custom lists: TO DO and DONE
• Afraid of getting lost? Use your smartphone as a GPS Tracker and follow the path to keep you on the right track.
• Get real time information about the walk location: weather and webcam
• Rate the walks and share your experience
• Find hidden waterfalls, amazing lagoons, viewpoints and much more
• Directions and navigation options to get to the trail by car or public transportation
• Filter trails by popularity, distance, difficulty, type of walk, location birdwatching, kid friendly and more
• Elevation graph, elevation gain, max and min altitude
• Read the reviews and rating of the walks made by the community of hikers
SAFETY FEATURES – SOS
• Sending SMS with your location (GPS coordinates)
• Direct calling to emergency numbers (112, Civil Protection or GNR)
• Buy once and get access to all the walks!
• No popup ads inside the app!
SUPPORT: We love hearing from users: firstname.lastname@example.org
LEGAL: Terms & Conditions: http://www.walkmeguide.com/en/eula
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Added dark mode
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
If your visit here is about walking, get this app. Well thought out with handy detail of buses, weather (although the source is not good), links to google maps and reviews from others. The interactive/gps map is invaluable. Ignore the weather on here although the idea is useful. The walk level is relative to who you are and the conditions. The times are sometimes a little on the short side (taking into account holiday faff, photos, breaks). I’m a solo fast walker.
But in general a really great app and it takes a lot for me to buy an app!
Not up to date & generally useles
I bought this app as I love to walk, however the walks I tried to find didn’t work. It just directs you to google maps to find the start of the trail and twice I tried and it was the wrong place! Also it’s so out of date/not updated - kept telling me that one of the trails had to start in a different place due to damage etc and it turned out that this damage occurred in the fires 2 years ago and had been fine to walk on for over a year! I walked this trail myself and it was fine. I did contact the developers but they were kind of dismissive and didn’t want to know. The weather guide is so so wrong also. Would say rain when it was bright sunshine etc and this was every time. Much easier to just speak with other walkers and ask the bus drivers for start points.
Since this app was launched it has improved with the upgrades. I would like the ability to make some notes after completing a walk that I could save. The offline maps are great when out on a levada and has enabled me to get out of a lost situation.
The next step could be a link to a weather station which is vital in Madeira's quickly changing weather patterns.
Further enhancements could be GPS Waypoints which would pin point positions, but this app is surpassing the old printed map and book system.
- Marco Batista
- 136 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © WalkMe Mobile Solutions, Lda
- In-App Purchases
- Become an explorer! £4.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.