Stay informed with award-winning national and international news, PLUS complete local news coverage of the D.C. metro area. Scan top headlines for must-read stories. Get fresh perspectives on the world from Post bloggers. Save articles for offline reading in My Post. Free to download, subscribers enjoy unlimited access.
• TOP HEADLINES: Quickly browse the always updating feed of today’s news and read each story in full.
• NEWS ALERTS: See images, headlines, and short excerpts of articles right in the expanded notification view.
• D.C. METRO NEWS: Learn what’s going on in the nation’s capitol with stories about D.C. and the surrounding metro area.
• LIVE: Follow along with our live blog coverage for up-to-the-minute updates on breaking news and events, and watch live events as they happen.
• BLOGS: Find out what The Post’s most insightful bloggers have to say about everything from politics to sports to pop culture.
• COMICS: Browse our library of comics, and dive into our extensive archive.
• OFFLINE READING: Save your favorite and must-read articles to “My Post” for easy access anytime.
• OPTIONS: Download the app for free and enjoy a limited number of free stories each month. Get unlimited access for just $14.99/month (first month FREE).
• EXTRAS: Your subscription to The Washington Post comes with complimentary web access, as well as access to the Washington Post Classic iPad app and The All-New Washington Post App, available on iPhone and iPad.
• PAYMENT: Payment will be charged to your iTunes account with the confirmation of your purchase.
• AUTO-RENEWAL: Your subscription will auto-renew for $14.99 each month unless you cancel 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period. The auto-renewal can be turned off at any time in the Account Settings section of the App Store. Please note, you will be unable to cancel your current subscription during an active subscription period.
• FREE TRIAL: Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
• TERMS OF SERVICE: https://www.washingtonpost.com/terms-of-service/2011/11/18/gIQAldiYiN_story.html
MORE FROM THE WASHINGTON POST
Experience The Washington Post in all forms. Check out our other apps: "Washington Post Select" for a magazine-style experience with stunning visuals that’s curated for the most important and interesting stories and “Washington Post Print Edition” for a digital replica of our print newspaper.
- Fix a startup crash affecting some users.
Ratings and Reviews
As I live abroad at this point, I find that having access to the Washington Post in this excellent app is important to keeping up with what is happening in the US, particularly with politics. This is one of the first things I look at every day.
Good, But Dark Mode Broken
Fantastic layout and user interface, but latest version has made Dark Mode inconsistent. It doesn't remember setting over time, and even whilst using the app will revert to Normal Mode. This on both 10.3.3 and 11 GM.
It’s as good as being home in the US
I am an ex-pat living in the UK for almost 3 decades. I love getting Thea Washington Post online. It’s almost as good as being home, especially when I need incisive news in these weird times. Keep the faith and keep reporting!
- The Washington Post Company
- 142.1 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 1996-2019 The Washington Post Company
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Digital £10.99
- Basic Digital £8.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.