Watch to 5K will help you gradually work up towards running 5K in just 9 weeks. The running plan is for absolute beginners. It involves 3 runs a week, with a day of rest in between, and a different schedule for each of the 9 weeks. By the end of the program, you will be able to run 5km in under 30 minutes.
BUILT FOR THE APPLE WATCH
• Runs independently without the need for your iPhone.
• Watch face complications are included allowing you to monitor your progress and quickly launch the app.
PHONE COMPANION APP
• An iPhone companion app is included to allow you to track your progress.
• View a breakdown of your previous runs, including health data and run route.
• Achievements are awarded as you progress through the plan to celebrate milestones such as running continuously for 5 minutes or running for a certain distance.
APPLE HEALTH INTEGRATION
• Sessions are stored in Apple Health and count towards your activity goals.
• WatchTo5K tracks your route, distance, calories, average speed and heart rate so you can easily track your progress.
LISTEN TO YOUR MUSIC WHILE YOU RUN
• Works alongside your preferred music player or podcast watch app, automatically ‘dipping’ the volumes so you can hear the instructions and updates on your progress.
• Signals the halfway point, so you know when to head home!
• Easy to follow countdown timer that uses sounds and haptics, so you know how long you’ve got left of each run.
GO AT YOUR OWN PACE
• Ability to repeat runs, allowing you to go at a pace that suits you.
• Track your progress and awards trophies.
NO SUBSCRIPTION REQUIRED
• WatchTo5K is a one time purchase with no ongoing subscription or in-app purchases.
* TechRadar - Top Apple Watch app of 2023 *
* MacRumors - Apps to Check Out *
* Stuff.tv - 40 best Apple Watch apps *
* Coach - The Best Apple Watch Fitness apps *
* Wareable - The Best Apple Watch running apps *
Watch to 5K integrates with Apple Health using HealthKit to store your run activity.
If you have any questions, comments or ideas, you can get in touch at email@example.com
• Smart Stack widgets are now available for WatchOS 10 users, displaying your next run and overall progress at a glance.
• Additional complications have been added to the Watch App.
• Exisiting complications have been updated to make use of WidgetKit.
• Watch to 5K has been updated to work great with watchOS10.
Ratings and Reviews
Love this app!
I rarely write reviews for anything but had to for this app. I specifically wanted one to use on my Apple Watch so that I didn’t need to take my phone with me. This does that and more. It’s so simple to use and shows you a breakdown of the weeks ahead so you can see how your runs change over time and what to expect next time. I love that you can listen to and control your music from within the app. And I love the voice prompts that come through your headphones (if you’re using them) to tell you when to run, when to walk, when you’re halfway through (which is just fantastic) and when you’re done. If you don’t have headphones connected, there are nice little haptics to tell you when your time for each section is up and the screen has a little person showing you whether to walk or run. To top it off, at the end you get a breakdown of what you did on your run like how long you ran for etc. For the price, it’s so worth it. If you’re considering starting a couch to 5k, get this app.
Brilliant App. No iPhone required. Back running again!
What a brilliant App. Wouldn’t be too much to say it transformed my fitness life!! I was suffering with an injury for a number of years and every time I went back to run I would get reinjured. That was until I used this Couch to 5k app. By using the app it enabled me to build the running up at a steady pace, build strength and avoid injury. I use it with my Apple Air Pods and love the way the app works with music playing in the background and also voice prompts to tell you what you need to do so you don’t have to look at your watch the whole time. You also don’t need your iPhone with you which is fantastic as if gives you a real sense of freedom to just run. The app has all the stats you would want from doing a run and motivates you to keep going. I really cannot recommend getting into running with this app enough. It made me feel great to be out exercising again.
Perfect for doing c25k
I have just used this app to complete the C25K and found it very helpful as I just like to run with my watch on no music. It taps your wrist when its time to run, half way etc. It gives a great breakdown of your run, heart rate, elevation, distance and an actual map of where you have ran. I used it today with headphones and there was no annoying voices telling you how to breath etc. just prompting half way and when to run. I have been going over the last week to see if I can improve my distance and heat rate and you can easily compare these on the app on your phone. Now I would really like a 10K one please. I can’t seem to find one. Thanks so much for such a great app, it has really helped me achieve my fitness goals.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Spaceman Digital Ltd
- 17.6 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Ben Callis
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.