Weather Underground for iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch is your everything weather app. Powered by our network of 250,000+ personal weather stations, this app provides hyper-local forecasts and current conditions, interactive radar, customizable alerts, and much more to ensure you’re always prepared for whatever the weather brings.
• Get current conditions from local weather stations or drop a pin in your neighborhood
• Stay updated with the best weather data including temperature, “feels like”, wind speed
and direction, today’s rain accumulation, humidity, dew point, visibility, and pressure
• Swipe through hour-by-hour and 10-day forecasts including chance of precipitation and daily
• Compare today’s weather with local historical data
• Report local weather and hazards to help your community
• Monitor air quality, UV risk, and local flu outbreaks with the Health tile
• Know when first and last light will happen with the Sunrise/Sunset tile
• View the weather map’s improved layers including weather stations, radar, satellite, heat
map, rain accumulation, crowd reports and more
• Scroll through time with our interactive play-bar for radar and satellite
• Track global storms on the Hurricane and Tropical Storm tile
Get all your weather data at a glance with Weather Underground for Apple Watch. Quickly view current conditions, hourly and 10-day forecasts from local weather stations, and stay ahead of the storm with severe weather alerts and radar.
WIDGETS, ALERTS, & MORE!
• View weather at a glance in your notification center with forecast and radar widgets for iOS 8
• Keep an eye out for extreme weather with severe weather alerts
• Discover real-time weather on webcams around the world
• View stunning weather photos with the WunderPhotos tile
• Access Weather Underground’s wealth of online resources including ski reports,
infographics, scientific discussion and more
• Geek out with the weather radio tile
• Customize your experience with light & dark modes, map types, units and rearrangeable tiles
“Weather Underground combines a slick design with a focus on really useful weather information.” - PC Magazine
“What really helps this weather app stand out is its “hyper-local” data from enthusiast weather stations around the world." - TIME Magazine
About Weather Underground: Founded in 1995 as the first online weather service, Weather Underground supplies weather data solutions to the many of the leading media companies and millions of users across the globe through their mobile apps and website wunderground.com. With over 250,000 personal weather stations worldwide, Weather Underground is able to provide meaningful and reliable weather data to people in real-time. Weather Underground is part of the Weather Company and based in San Francisco, California.
We are constantly working to improve your app experience. In this update you’ll find:
• Performance enhancements and crash fixes
• Last viewed location again appears on standard app launch
• Temporary removal of video feature
As always, we appreciate your feedback. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any suggestions or questions. If you like these changes, please let us know by rating and reviewing us in the App Store!
Ratings and Reviews
Cloud report doesn't work
Update Feb 2019 - The advice to swipe left from the white screen was a useful workaround but it’s daft that the issue isn’t being fixed so many months on. I barely use what had been my favourite weather app now down from 5 stars to 2. I like Ventusky now, so visual!
Updated Sept 2018 and now only get a white screen. (iOS 11 on iPad).
2nd Update: Seem to have constant problems with each app update these days, but I keep trying them hoping they’ll fix the previous issues. Current version is giving me a blank white page. I’m afraid the stars are dropping off on what was my favourite weather app.
Update: since last update it's become very glitchy on iPad running OS 10.3 (August 2017) and often doesn't load or respond for ages. Hope next update fixes that as it's my favourite weather app.
Love this app and all it's incarnations. My only real issue is when you send in a correction to the actual conditions it makes no difference. When we were covered in cloud with snow, rain, hail and sleet through the day last week it kept saying it was sunny.
Also if you confirm an accurate reading weather it says 'your neighbour's will thank you' but not if you send a correction to try make it accurate, which you'd think is something a people would be more grateful for since that's the real info needed to plan things.
But aside from that, it's great, and the ads are acceptable, allowing a free version but without ruining the app experience like other apps often do.
Used to be good
Seems more and more bugs get added with every release. On the latest release the top icons seems to intermittently disappear (search, location, settings) and even when they reappear, the search function doesn’t work. When typing in a location it used to display an auto list of locations and my favourites. Now nothing shows at all and even when typing a full location in and hitting search, nothing happens. When it worked, this used to be the best weather app but now I can’t use it to look at the weather in any place I’m not currently located!
Such potential, please fix bugs!
I have used this app for years and the buginess has recently gone over the tipping point so that I've felt forced to find a new go-to weather app. And having done that I am finding it impossible to find any substitute in terms of information quality, granularity, and user interface. Weather Underground is simply the best, if only the developers would fix the bugs!! Blank screen when you open up, patchy switching between locations, location still showing past city but over current map etc.
Enough to kill the UX but the underlying information and presentation (were it working) are fantastic, so it's a real shame. Please fix this app and you'll get loyal fans right back! Frankly I'd even pay for it, if it were working 100% and no ads.
- Weather Underground, LLC
- 247.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Copyright TWC Product and Technology LLC 2011, 2019
- In-App Purchases
- One year ad-free weather £1.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.