Check out the new text to speech browser extension for Safari. You can now listen to web pages without leaving Safari.
Listen to websites, PDFs, any text using text to speech.
Now with a powerful new Safari extension where you can listen to websites without leaving the browser.
Other features include premium voices from Amazon Polly and Google Cloud, custom pronunciations, PDF text-to-speech, offline capabilities, desktop integration, iCloud sync and Dark Mode.
You can save articles, e-novels and PDFs to read later, or listen to them one after another in a playlist.
No Longer Limited to Websites!
* Use WebOutLoud to listen to PDFs--it highlights words as it reads.
* Use WebOutLoud to read aloud any text on your iPhone or iPad.
* Scan documents with your camera with state-of-the-art text recognition.
* Organize your saved content into collections.
About WebOutLoud's Leading Website Reader:
It's simple! Just navigate to any web page using the in-app web browser and touch play. Web Out Loud will read web pages using a wide selection of voices, from those freely available on your iOS device to the high quality premium voices from Amazon Polly and Google Cloud.
Reading requires way too much of your attention. Multitask like a champ! Listen to articles in your car or while you work.
* Reads any web page, PDF or text document
* Highlights words as it reads
* Scrolls the page automatically as you follow along
* Tell the app where to begin reading using Touch Assist, or enable the powerful Reader View to eliminate ads and isolate readable content automatically.
* Dozens of supported languages, each with their own unique voice
* Chrome and mobile Safari browser integration
* Custom pronunciations and word substitution
* AMP link blocking
* Custom pronunciations and substitutions
But how does it know what to read!?!? WebOutLoud uses hand-crafted AI to read web pages to you Out Loud.
WebOutLoud Full Version is a 1-year auto-renewable subscription
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
You can turn off auto-renew up to 24 hours before your next subscription payment is due via your App Store settings page.
Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
Terms of Service
Improved support for very large PDF files.
Ratings and Reviews
This app provides an efficient and user friendly way of reading webpages and PDFs. The built-in web browser is easy to navigate and use, and the ability to save articles and documents into a playlist makes this app a convenient reading tool. Furthermore, features such as Touch Assist and Reader Mode enable the user to specify the content that they would like to be read aloud and skip extraneous content such as advertisements on webpages. The app is also fully accessible with the VoiceOver screen reader on iOS, meaning that it will work well for blind users. The app is constantly improving, and the developer responds promptly to feedback and suggestions. I would highly recommend this app and I look forward to finding out how it continues to develop in the future.
Nothing can touch this Text to Speech Engine
It have tried numerous other Text to Speech Solutions, but this stands in a class of it's own!
Useless, downloaded the app, wacthed the tutorial, copy and pasted my first URL into the address bar, selected the page title as a starting point....... the app crashes..... try again.... same.... the app crashes.... way to go! Uninstalled.
Developer Response ,
This bug is fixed in update 3.4.21. Apple made an undocumented change to an API which led to this crash. I ask that you please give the app another try and please update your review if you’re satisfied. Thanks
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Bret Lester
- 9.7 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2014 Bret Lester
- In-App Purchases
- WebOutLoud Basic Annual £11.49
- WebOutLoud Premium £29.49
- WebOutLoud Premium £9.49
- WebOutLoud Premium Yearly £108.99
- WebOutLoud Basic Monthly £2.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.