The power to send money around the world quickly and easily is in your pocket with the Western Union Money Transfer® app.
Western Union relies on the most up-to-date exchange rates to make sure your money goes further when you send money to relatives or friends. Whenever you make a money transfer with us using the app, you can be confident your transaction will go smoothly.
• Send money on the go, anytime, to more than 200 countries and territories.
• Remit money to friends and families.
• Check current exchange rates and fees.
• Track a money transfer directly from your mobile device.
• Get directions, hours, and services available at one of Western Union's 500,000+ agent locations nearest you.
• Figure out the estimated price of your international money transfer before sending.
• View past or pending transactions and update your contacts, personal information, and payment methods.
The Western Union® mobile app has everything you need to send money transfers quickly and easily. Use our app to:
• Get your money quickly to wherever it's needed.
• Review your method of payment, Visa, MasterCard, Maestro.
• Get round-the-clock customer service help.
Limits and fees for sending money vary based on the transaction history, receiver’s country, location, and delivery method. Western Union also makes money from currency exchange.
Please, read Terms and Conditions and Privacy Statement before downloading the app: https://www.westernunion.com/ie/en/mobile-app-terms-conditions.html
Thanks for your feedback. We’ve listened and made improvements to the WU app.
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I resisted using app until I had no choice - was quite happy to send money by phone. Now I prefer app as it’s so quick and it stores people’s names and it’s easy to inform the receiver that the money’s been sent. A bit of a pain to have to verify I.d. but once I’d stopped procrastinating it took minutes to send a photo of I.d. and get authorised and now I’m all set up. Although it says bank transfer or credit card it should say credit/debit as I always use a debit card with no problem
Do not use this App
I thought I was the only one having issues, but it seems that Western Union has no Auditing on their cancelled transactions.
I've been sending money to my parents for years via Western Union, however I will not be using them at all, and this will be escalated one way or another.
Let me explain how their process works:
1. You enter the details of the person that you are sending the money to, destination country and the amount.
2. Once you submit the form, Western Union makes a requests from the bank for that sum of money.
3. The bank will send the sum of money to Western Union
4. Western Union will now hold that money till it is collected.
5. If the details of the sender is incorrect, the payment instruction will be in a pending state.
6. If the cancel the instruction, it will show as cancelled on the application, and will be removed from the system at their system. DON'T CANCEL via the app. CALL IN AND REQUEST A REFUND.
Western Union has denied that they have taken that money from account even though I sent screen shots from my bank statement with the transactions taken from my account.
I complained via my bank which disputed the transaction, but as expected they denied all knowledge of it.
I have been working in I.T. for many years and this process is clearly fraudulent. I will not take them to court as it would be too expensive for me to do (what they are counting on). I will get this escalated in another way.
I have sent money to three people from UK to Romania. For the first two I had to put the surname into the first name and vice-versa because they said the name was wrong. So I have thought "fair enough" at least I know how to do it now, but guess what!? When I've sent money to the 3th person, again the same issue but this time they wanted to put the name in normally, at the end of the day is just a matter of luck if the person you are sending money to, will be able to actually pick the money up. My advice is to not use the app because the system is confused and you end up losing a lot of time because you can't just change the name, you have to call and get your money refunded (takes up to 5 working days) and them resend the money again (also losing the transaction money).
- The Western Union Company
- 80 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Western Union Holdings, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.