Tap into the world’s most preferred legal research service wherever you go! The Westlaw app – available for iPad and iPhone – is the most awarded legal research app as voted by industry professionals and recognized by The National Law Journal, New York Law Journal, the Best of the Midwest, and more. With the Westlaw mobile app, you can extend the power and collaboration capabilities of Westlaw so research begun in one place can be continued on your mobile device – anytime, anywhere.
“The Westlaw app is very well-designed and easy to use, making it simple to get legal research done when you are in court or otherwise out of the office. In fact, the app is so nice that I will often use it even when I am in my office, doing my legal research on the iPad while my brief is open on my computer.” – Jeff Richardson, iPhone J.D. in ABA Journal
Access the same research features you rely on such as WestSearch, KeyCite, Search Filters, Folders, History, Notes, and Highlighting, which have all been redesigned for the iPad and iPhone. In addition to core research functionality, the Westlaw app offers the ability to save documents while online and offline to research folders, and deliver documents via email, print, or download.
Westlaw Edge users also have exclusive access to additional, premium features such as KeyCite Overruling Risk, WestSearch Plus, and more, which are automatically included based on your subscription.
*Please note that a Thomson Reuters Westlaw account is required to access this app.
For questions, comments, or support regarding the app, please contact a Reference Attorney by phone at 1-800-REF-ATTY (1-800-733-2889). Law students can call 1-800-850-WEST (1-800-850-9378).
- Fixed issues on iPad preventing annotations made on offline documents from syncing when going back online
- Fixed errors that occurred on iPad when attempting to open some documents in Offline Mode. After installing the 6.1.1. update, users may need to delete any impacted documents from their Offline Documents list and then add them again while online, in order to view and annotate them in Offline Mode again later.
- Additional bug fixes and enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
Completely agree with other review - as a law student with academic access this app will not work. It does appear Thomson Reuters are only making available to full subscribers. I’d have even paid for the app if it allowed access from Shibboleth login, as I’m sure would thousands of other students - so they have really missed a trick here!
Useless to students
Westlaw offer services to institutions such as Universities, which in turn offers their law students with access to the Westlaw database - for some reason, Westlaw limits this access on the app, therefore blocking all students from accessing their database and making it completely useless. Greedy!
Can’t use the app.
I mean its pretty useless if you can’t access the app beyond the sign in page! Simple update to allow individuals to access through organisations and I’m sure it’ll be a great app.
- Thomson Reuters
- 63.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Thomson Reuters
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.