The #1 free golf game by Topgolf Media, as seen on NBC Sports, Golf Channel, DIRECTV and FOX Sports. Featuring full stroke play on Pebble Beach, Bandon Dunes (Golf Digest #1 rated resort), Chambers Bay and St Andrews from the PGA Tour. This sports game is a full game simulation built with the best GPS and 3D technology. World Golf Tour players can use their existing web accounts and virtual golf equipment. Requires a fast internet connection. Does not support iPad 1, iPhone 3 or iPod Touch 4.
* "Great game! Unreal graphics! It's as close to playing prestigious courses as you'll ever get." - 5 stars - Ricky Vaults
* "This app is a ton of fun and very much like a real golf experience... in every mental way as well as course management and club selection." - 5 stars - Miranda 33
* "Super experience with family and friends" - 5 stars - Wil9015
WGT Golf includes...
* Golf Courses - Over a dozen championship golf courses, including: Pebble Beach (2010 USGA U.S. Open), Chambers Bay (2015 USGA U.S. Open), Bandon Dunes (Golf Digest #1 rated resort), Bethpage Black (2009 USGA U.S. Open), Celtic Manor (2010 Ryder Cup), Congressional (2011 USGA US Open), Harbour Town (PGA RBC Heritage), Kiawah (2012 PGA Championship), Merion (2013 USGA US Open), Olympic Club (2012 USGA U.S. Open), Pinehurst (2014 USGA U.S. Open), St Andrews (2015 British Open) and Valhalla (2014 PGA Championship)
* Golf Simulation - Use different golf shots to swing, drive, chip and putt from various lies on the tee, fairway, greens, rough and bunkers in this realistic 3D golf simulation
* Game Formats - Full 18-hole stroke play with putting, 9-hole closest-to-the hole and 3-hole stroke play golf game formats
* Head-to-Head Multiplayer Mode - Compete in real-time stroke play golf games against other players, invite friends to play, chat live and learn how to play
* Topgolf Mode - Get the Topgolf experience wherever you are with the Topgolf multiplayer game mode, competing with up to six players to score points for hitting targets in the outfield based on a unique scoring system
* Country Clubs - Join a private country club community, play in club tournaments and events, and earn special rewards
* Golf Tournaments - Special tournaments with prizes including the Virtual U.S. Open, WGT Virtual Tour on Golf Channel and paid Ready-Go tournaments
* Golf Equipment - Play with upgraded virtual golf clubs and golf balls from Titleist, Callaway, Ping, TaylorMade and other top sports equipment brands
* Golf Accessories - Popular options like Putter Pal, Shot Pal, XP Boost, Level-Up Boost, in-game Hole-in-One Challenges and more
* Support - Supports iPad 2 or later, iPhone 4, 5 and 6 or later, and iPod Touch 5 or later. Does not support iPad 1, iPhone 3 or iPod Touch 4.
WGT Golf supports two optional subscriptions:
WGT Premier Membership
• Earn 2x XP for all games played, including country club XP
• Carry up to 4 country club passes at once
• 4-hour country club pass regeneration
• 48-hour club rentals
• Free daily scratcher
WGT Plus Membership
• Earn 50% more XP for all games played, including country club XP
• Carry up to 2 country club passes at once
• 8-hour country club pass regeneration
• 36-hour club rentals
• Free daily scratcher
For in-app purchase subscriptions:
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Terms and conditions of use: https://m.wgt.com/terms
* Aloha Manele! Play the Challenge at Manele course, a 9-hole closest-to-the-hole challenge to put you in a Hawaiian island mood
* Update Avatars and Apparel - Now you can edit both from the same screen
* Stability improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Awesome Graphics. Challenging Play
Apart from one or two areas, the graphics are taken from real photo shots of courses such that you feel you are playing the real course. The ball seems to follow every undulation of the surface. Even playing with the starter golf clubs, I have achieved great success, but the putting is very difficult until you have the feel of the greens. Am enjoying the variety of courses that change every month. Sometimes the distances quoted can be a little wrong, but this does not happen often. I have progressed to legend level where the challenges really begin with faster greens and longer holes using back tees. The brackets and ready-go competitions are great fun and enable progress to be made and seen every day. Altogether,this is an amazing game and the best one I have ever played. Best of all is to join a club and play club competitions against club members. I belong to the VMFG club run by enthusiastic directors. You should try it once you get to Tour Pro or higher.
A lot to like - but a lot to really hate too.
I’ve played WGT for a few days now and while it’s overall a polished, good looking golf sim with some genuine realism it has more than a few niggles. The reliance on photos for the holes means you have stunningly replicated courses but leaves some shots with very limited views. There is a very steep learning curve - especially when it comes to putting. It’s also hard to get the info you need on things like green speed - one qualifying round I played at Pebble Beach had very unforgiving greens like glass. There seems to be some inconsistencies with how much of an effect rough or sand can have on the ball’s playability too - sometimes a ‘30-40%’ lie will mean taking two or three clubs more on a shot and other times - especially around the green - it will have no effect on the ball at all. The club rental system - along with several other features - is basically just a money grab too. Plus the UI is not exactly simple. You have to flick through clubs in your equipment instead of it just moving to the one you touch. Plus you have to unequip a club first before replacing it with a new one I also had several erroneous error messages whenever I tried renting a club - either ‘not connecting’ (yet I’d still get the club), telling me it had run out of time when it was still valid or offering me clubs only to say I didn’t qualify for them. All in all a decidedly mixed game...
It’s all about your money
This game is designed to either make you watch a trillion videos or to get your cash - not that i mind spending money on games just i don’t like it when they obviously fix games for players with gears - I’ve played thousands of matches of golf now and the things I’ve seen in favour of paying players beggars belief, for example once i had a putt to win where my ball was hanging over the hole, i hit correctly on metre but game said shot missed, the paying player went into win, and example some guy i was playing with gears tee off his ball lands in deep rough in a forest his shot to an elevated green through around 20 trees over a large bunker with flag around 10 feet from bunker, no wind and bearing in mind in deep rough so you can not get spin on ball, the guy hits his shot out of rough, through all the trees, over this bunker with enough height to land his ball on an elevated green to land with spin 1ft from hole -
I could go on and on at about this so obviously rigged game, the makers rely on competition between players who believe it is them that are making or failing their shots.
As a starter player you will win many games but once you get so far even if you know how to play you will not get past a certain level with out upgrading gears,
This games not golf it’s a con!
- World Golf Tour, Inc
- 216.6 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Copyright 2014 WGT Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 2000 WGT Credits £19.99
- 1000 WGT Credits £9.99
- 300 WGT Credits £2.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.