Simple. Reliable. Secure. — WhatsApp from Facebook
WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages.
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don't have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp.
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages.
• FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they're in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone's Internet connection rather than your cellular plan's voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can't access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer's browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There's no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone's existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you're always logged in so you don't miss messages. No more confusion about whether you're logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there's no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We're always excited to hear from you! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter:
Note: WhatsApp is a telephony app, so iPod and iPad are not supported devices.
* Image and video previews have been updated so you can now see more of the media in chat.
* All participants in a group can now change the Disappearing Messages setting by default. Admins can still have control by changing the "Edit Group Info" setting.
Ratings and Reviews
First before I begin writing this review properly I just want to say, WhatsApp is the best! Okay so don’t get me wrong, I love this app it’s a simple was to communicate and catch up with friends family or whatever but there’s a couple of things I’d like changing I won’t cover them all in this review though. One of these are when you add a contact on WhatsApp It takes a while for you to actually be able to chat with that contact, personally this really annoys me because say you had just got a contact and something ‘life changing’ happened that couldn’t wait even a minute to tell them and you couldn’t reach them,well that’d be annoying. Also on status I would like it if you could choose the shade and colour from a colour palette.(e.g ibisPaints colour palette) Another thing on status is that i would really appreciate if you could add an option to share the video or photo they posted,but also if you were to do this to also make an option to make people able to share your posts in settings.
There’s probably a couple more but this is most of them, thank you for reading my review!
Good, but always ways to improve!
I personally love this app so much! It has so much capability-calling and texting privately, editing your own profile to make it look stylish, and creating your favourite groups to chat and text with multiple people at one go. The effort put into this app can be easily seen; no wonder it is so popular! It is so useful for contacting people for important purposes as well, which I love because it makes this informal app also seem formal as well, since you can literally text anyone!
The only aspect of this app that I find weird is that there is a time limit to how long you have to delete a message so that no one can see it again. Let’s say you sent a post that you didn’t want people to see after some time, you wouldn’t be able to delete it for everyone which I find weird since it’s my message so shouldn’t I have the right to delete it whenever I wish? If I don’t want people to see something I posted and I want to delete it then I shouldn’t have a maximum of only a few minutes to delete it for everyone, I should instead have no time limit whatsoever for deleting a certain post. Anyway this was my only problem with this app and I think that this can easily be fixed. Thanks for reading and I recommend you download this app!
Amazing! Lots of lag tho
This app is a total hit But there is a story.. almost everyone I knew had WhatsApp but I couldn’t get it as I didn’t have a phone. I had to use my mums iPhone XR and it worked perfect. There was no lag when sending messages and the calling was smooth. When I had finally got my phone, it wasn’t as smooth. The calls were laggy and every time I opened it, it crashed. I really didn’t know what happened. After a few updates it improved until IOS14 came out... I was so intrigued to customise my phone that I ended up doing it in the next hour. Little did I know there was going to be more problems. Once I had changed my icon for WhatsApp, the app started to crash and closed everytime I opened it, also, it freezes and I have to exit it and delete the tab and shut my phone off. It’s a long process when you want to just send a short message to someone. This has been happening even when I’m writing this review. I dont know if it’s because of the app icon or WhatsApp has been lagging out. Despite this it’s a really good app but I don’t recommend changing the icon 😌
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- WhatsApp Inc.
- 166.1 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Bengali, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2021 WhatsApp LLC
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.