Simple. Reliable. Secure. — WhatsApp from Facebook
WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages.
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don't have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp.
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages.
• FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they're in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone's Internet connection rather than your cellular plan's voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can't access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer's browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There's no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone's existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you're always logged in so you don't miss messages. No more confusion about whether you're logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there's no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We're always excited to hear from you! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter:
Note: WhatsApp is a telephony app, so iPod and iPad are not supported devices.
* New privacy settings allow you to control who can add you to groups. Admins will have the option of sending you a private invite instead. Go to Settings > Account > Privacy > Groups to get started.
* Added call waiting support so you can choose to accept an incoming WhatsApp call while you're already on another call.
* You can now send messages directly from the Braille keyboard when using VoiceOver mode.
* To reduce data usage, enabling your iPhone’s Low Data Mode will now disable media auto-download in WhatsApp.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Overall A very good messaging app that I use a lot.
Whatsap certainly has had its trials and tribulations, but from what I’ve seen so far, only access ability stuff that needed doing is working very well now, I can access a lot more stuff using voice-over than I used to be able to, and I always believe that as long as the developers listen to us, the customers and users, what ever you want to call us these days, Service users, and users, clients, patrons, whatever! then something is working the way it should! I just have one final thing to say, keep up the good work! Keep improving this program, and you make a lot of people very very happy and keep all our communication needs in check! I talk to people around the world with this program, and I really enjoy using WhatsApp, sometimes, it’s the only thing that I can really get my hands on to use, when everything else is broken! So I’m super excited about that! It’s really good times. Anyway, thanks for keeping this going, keep up the good work, and making WhatsApp better!
Really Useful and Great App
This app is brilliant, it’s free, there’s unlimited free messages, the status section is fun and often useful! The only thing that I want to be changed (and it’s something that I REALLY want to be changed) is that there is some way that WhatsApp can automatically delete chainmail, chain messages, creepy and scary things that tell you to pass them on etc. I have been sent many chainmails before and my friends have been sent quite a few scary voice mails that tell you to forward them. Some of the written chain mails are often scary. This really distresses/scares people which isn’t great and some people that I know even deleted WhatsApp because of this. I know that this may be a lot to ask because the developers are not able to maybe do this right now, but if possible, please do something about this. I would say to try and ignore chainmail as well if you are a reader and not a developer. Some of the chainmail is lovely and kind but some of not most are horrible and need to be not passed on and stopped so that no one else is scared by them. STOP ALL THE CHAINMAIL! IT IS ALL FAKE! (The chainmail not this message 🤦🏼♀️😂)
Works well, fairly intuitive. Only problem I’ve had is a pretty significant time delay (can be upwards of two hours) between sending a message to a person in a different country and that message being received.
I often use WhatsApp to message friends in Italy, but, have noticed that my messages (on average) take a couple of hours to deliver, with the occasional extreme case of my messages taking a couple days to deliver. I assume this problem is due to a culmination of slow broadband/poor mobile data connection (which is a common problem where I live), a difficulty in data package transfer and (assumable) incompatibilities with similar networks in Italy.
Ultimately, it’s a pretty decent app, and, it’s not the end of the world in regards to the slow message delivery speed, as I appreciate that nothing is ever instantaneous, especially when it comes to tech and wireless information transfer. But, it can be frustrating when mid conversation your messages stop delivering, and you have to text the person normally to explain that you “aren’t trying to be rude” and that you “are trying to reply to their messages”, defeating the perceived purpose of the app.
- WhatsApp Inc.
- 133.1 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone.
English, Arabic, Bengali, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 WhatsApp Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.