Welcome to Whink: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation app.
Whink is uniquely designed for the iPad and iPhone to provide the best note-taking experience at school, at home, and at work. And with iCloud, your notes are always up-to-date on all your devices.
• Handwrite and sketch on Whink as if you’re using a real pen and paper.
• Write smoothly using our stunning gel ink pen with unlimited colors.
• Zoom into your notes to write in and see the tiniest details.
• Tap anywhere on the page to start typing notes.
• Make your notes fun with a wide range of tastefully chosen typography.
• Quickly format typewritten notes into headings, sub-headings and more.
• Create lists and outlines with bullets, numbering, and even checklists.
• Create sections within your documents to further organize your notes.
***Annotate PDFs & Photos***
• Import PDFs using Open-In from other apps such as Email, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.
• Markup lecture slides, meeting agendas, memos without accidentally marking the page.
• Fill up forms, sign, send and print contracts straight from your iPad.
• Quickly sort and navigate through your documents.
• Insert, rearrange and attach photos to your notes as well.
***Add Audio Recordings***
• Record lectures and meetings while taking notes and play them back anytime.
• Sort, arrange and keep your voice recordings right next to your notes.
• Insert voice recordings in your PDF files.
***Add Shapes and Post-its***
• Sketch and add/edit auto-shapes to your notes. Great for making charts or geometric figures.
• Add and rearrange post-its on your notes and documents to remember important points.
• Quickly search relevant notes by adding tags and labeling them.
***Organize, Share & Backup Your Notes***
• Quickly group documents and arrange notes adding sections and pages.
• Insert PDF documents inside a notebook anytime.
• Open your notebooks in other app using the Open-In feature.
• Share notes with friends, classmates or colleagues via email, Dropbox and more.
• Never lose your notes with automatic sync and backup via iCloud.
• Quickly find and open notebooks directly from iOS spotlight search
We hope you enjoy using Whink — let us know what you think!
Dark Mode: Whink now supports a dark color scheme.
Minor stability improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Great but been waiting for updates for a while
I honestly prefer this app to GoodNotes and Notability. 6his was the first ever note taking app I got on my iPad, a while back with the first iPad you could write on. Now I have the latest iPad Pro 12.9 inch and this is STILL an awesome note taking experience. But the reason I started using GoodNotes a lot more is because it has not been updated in so long so it lacks a lot of features that would make me switch over completely.
1) the lack of range with colors for writing and highlighting (as a university student I personally like having options)
2) the file and notes organization system is honestly a mess. Not easy to organize documents and folders in a systematic way at all and it doesn’t look great on the home page
3)highlights still happen over texts- which isn’t a huge deal but it can be very annoying
4) the inability to rotate documents
5) the look needs to be updated a bit. It’s 2020.
Other than that I really enjoy the writing experience
Helping me through uni!
This app is great as it allows to hand write, highlight and erase on documents which has been a massive help to my studies.
I would however love to have the option of folders and maybe exporting notes as ‘.doc’ etc.
Nice but buggy
I’ve tried all the note apps on the AppStore. I’ve currently settled on this one, but for how long I don’t know. Longer notes frequently get mangled and areas disappear. You can’t write on some bits. And if you concede defeat and accept your work has gone and redo it, then I’ve had Whink suddenly put back the missing content under the redone work, to mangle it, meaning it needs to be erased and done a third time.
Why am I sticking with it? When it works It’s a joy to use and the handwriting is beautiful. (Are you listening Apple?). The flow of the app is first class. Is that worth sticking with for the bugs. Probably not for much longer...
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Rama Krishna
- 71.2 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2015 Rama Krishna
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.