The best free White Noise app keeps getting better!
Do you have trouble going to sleep? Are you traveling on a plane and need a quick power nap? Does your newborn baby wake up in the middle of the night? There are numerous benefits to using White Noise:
• Helps you sleep by blocking distractions
• Relaxes and reduces stress
• Pacifies fussy and crying babies
• Increases focus while enhancing privacy
• Soothes headaches and migraines
• Masks tinnitus (ringing of the ears)
Even when you’re asleep, your brain is constantly scanning and listening for sounds. If it’s too quiet, unwanted noises such as faucet drips or police sirens can interrupt your sleep. White Noise generates sounds over a wide range of frequencies, masking those noise interruptions, so you can not only fall asleep, but stay asleep.
Air Conditioner, Airplane Travel, Amazon Jungle, Beach Waves Crashing, Blowing Wind, Blue Noise, Boat Swaying in Water, Brown Noise, Camp Fire, Cars Driving, Cat Purring, Chimes Chiming, City Streets, Clothes Dryer, Crickets Chirping, Crowded Room, Dishwasher Rinsing, Extreme Rain Pouring, Frogs at Night, Grandfather Clock, Hair Dryer Blowing, Heartbeat, Heavy Rain Pouring, Light Rain Pouring, Ocean Waves Crashing, Oscillating Fan, Pink Noise, Rain on Car Roof, Rain Storm, Running Shower, Running Water, Stream Water Flowing, Thunder Storm, Tibetan Singing Bowl, Train Ride, Vacuum Cleaner, Violet Noise, Water Dripping, Water Sprinkler, White Noise
• 50+ perfectly looped sounds with additional free sound downloads from the White Noise Market app or website: https://whitenoisemarket.com/
• Background audio support so you can use other apps while listening.
• Record and professionally loop sounds without being an audio engineer!
• Revolutionary Mix Pad editor for creating new soundscapes like a DJ with support for adjusting sound position, sound variance, volume, and pitch of each individual sound in the mix
• Upload and Share your recordings and mixes with the White Noise Market app
• Full screen digital clock with multiple colors and brightness controls makes it the perfect companion for any nightstand
• All screen resolutions supported including iPhone X, iPhone 5-8+, and iPad
• Portrait and Landscape orientations supported.
• Advanced alarm and timer system that slowly fades audio in and out so you awake naturally feeling more refreshed
• On-screen media player and volume controls with swipe gesture support for navigating sound collection
• Heart favorite sounds and mixes in the sound catalog for quick access using the Favorites view
• Set Music alarms that slowly fade in so you wake refreshed
• AirPlay sounds to Bluetooth devices or Apple TV
• Remote media controls on lock screen and headphones
• Advanced controls for volume, balance, pitch, mixing with iPod music, looping the playlist, custom alarm snooze times, and more
• Upgrade to the full version to remove advertising.
White Noise has been featured by popular TV shows (Today Show, Dr. Oz Show, FOX&Friends, Late Night with Jimmy Fallon), major media outlets (NBC News Today, Health Magazine, The Washington Post, NY Times, CNET, Esquire, PC Magazine), and raved about by millions of satisfied customers. Visit our website at https://www.tmsoft.com/ for more details.
White Noise was created for the original iPhone in 2008 by TMSOFT and has been continuously updated with new features. Download the full version of White Noise to remove advertising and add additional features including Apple TV & Apple Watch support. Just tap the + button and "Upgrade" to learn more.
Download new sounds at https://whitenoisemarket.com/
Like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/WhiteNoiseApp
Follow us on twitter at https://twitter.com/whitenoiseapp
Support and FAQ info at https://www.tmsoft.com/white-noise/support/
- Some work under the hood to prep for future updates
- Several bug fixes and major library updates.
Ratings and Reviews
Long explanation of why I recommend this for tinnitus sufferers :--
I suffer from pretty bad tinnitus, it is constant and quite loud. It had gotten to the stage where it really stopped me sleeping. My doctor said try a white noise app. This one had everything I wanted, plus a great choice of sounds. I don't have it loud enough to drown out the tinnitus - no-one else would sleep, lol. Just loud enough to layer in with my inner noise.
I tried a lot of sounds, hit on an ocean breakers one that really helped. After a couple of years I was hearing the repeat too much and discovered that the upgrades had brought the possibility of blending sounds. Added in a rain fall and the looping softened.
Often I forget it is playing, if I am reading or sewing, until someone asks me to turn it down as they cannot talk to me (I did say loud tinnitus). I have even watched tv and not noticed it is still on (I have used subtitles for a long time). Somehow the sounds do not affect my life like the tinnitus does.
I vary it sometimes - the sound library is always expanding - and sometimes use an actual white or brown sound, but usually come back to these.
Wish I had something like this when my kids were small, everything those days was at most twenty minutes long. This will continue as long as you like.
I really do recommend this app to all tinnitus sufferers.
This app is brilliant. An enormous help with sleeping, by masking my tinnitus and other background noises with its own sounds. I've used this for a few years and it keeps getting better. And now it keeps playing in the background too – yeah! My personal favourite "sleeping mix" is Stream Water Flowing + Brown Noise.
Also very important: the app remains compatible with older devices, ie. those of us stuck on iOS 10.3 who can't update our OS. Not many app developers do this now and most other apps won't update because I don't have iOS 11 or even 12. So please, PLEASE to the Developers: keep this app compatible forever, OK? :)
However, there is always room for improvement:
(1) Please provide an option to display FAVOURITES (sorry, FAVORITES!) as a LIST (as for Sounds & Mixes): it's so much better to see them all at once in a list, rather than having to scroll 1-by-1.
Also please add a BUTTON for FAVOURITES at the bottom of all lists (like the current buttons for "Sounds", "Mixes" & "Playlist"): at present, you have to go to the main menu to view Favourites.
(2) Please add a CANCEL button in Mix Pad, so I can abandon my experimental edits; at present the only way to leave this screen is DONE, which saves changes. (Or force-closing the app – but that shouldn't be necessary in a quality app.)
Not going to lie I certainly underestimated this app!! If you have trouble sleeping or getting to sleep on time or if you’d just like the comfort I 120% recommend this app. You can pick basically any sound to listen to as you drift off or add different sounds to a playlist which plays them all at the same time! It is amazing. Also, you can set a timer for the sounds to turn off when you think you'll be asleep which is ideal if you’re worried about your phone battery! I recommend ‘fire’, ’car rain’, ‘water’ and ‘thunder’, they clash extremely well and send me off into a beautiful deep sleep xo
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 98.6 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2008-2021 TMSOFT, LLC
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.