A little app for tracking gifts you’ve been given: What the gift was… Who gave it… What the occasion was… and whether you’ve said ‘thank you’ yet.
More convenient than a piece of paper.
You can quickly attach photos from the camera or from your photo library. Remind yourself which novelty socks were which. Or add a photo of yourself wearing that new dress. Or of your baby sporting the hilarious t-shirt— then send a thank-you message to the giver, including photo!
HOW IT WORKS:
Each gift records the giver (from your phone address book contacts, if they’re in there), and the occasion: Christmas, birthday, New Year, Eid, Hanukkah, a new baby, your wedding… anything you like. (Or miss off the occasion if it’s a ‘just because’ present.)
Then check off each gift as ‘thanked’—you can see the list of all the gifts you’ve not yet acknowledged.
You can contact givers directly through the app to say ‘thank you’— by phone, email, text or WhatsApp.
- Entering a gift is quick and painless
- Givers can be chosen from your address book contacts.
- Givers may be named differently to how they appear in your address book. For example, the contact in your address book may be called ‘Jane Smith’, but you can refer to the giver as ‘Bob & Jane Smith’.
- Images may be added to and removed from gifts, and one image may be designated as the 'main' image for each gift
- Givers may be contacted directly through the app
- View all the gifts received for a particular event
- View all the gifts received from a particular giver
- View all of the gifts not yet thanked
- Number of unthanked gifts appears as a ‘badge’ on the app icon, so you can check it without opening the app
- Automate your politeness! Never forget to say ‘thank you’ again!
NOTE: This app is for tracking RECEIVED gifts. There are other apps available for tracking gift lists, and budgets for present-buying. (Maybe a future version of this one will include gift-giving functionality.)
* iPhone X: Make full use of the whole screen.
* Fix a bug: In previous versions, gift images were not being correctly backed up in iCloud backups. (If you got a new phone, or reset an old one and restored from iCloud backup, the gift images would be missing.) After you install this new version, run it at least once, then perform an iCloud backup, and your gift images will be safely backed up.
Ratings and Reviews
Really useful for tracking gifts and thanking the givers. Very quick too as you can save the gift with whatever information you add, you don’t have to input it all in one go. One missing feature that would be very helpful for a family is being able to assign the gifts to different recipients.
This does exactly what it says it does, and it does it very well too. No more long, unstructured lists in Notes, which was how I kept track of who had given me what before - I've back-loaded them all into this app now.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.