Accessing Wikipedia has never been faster and easier than with Wikipanion, designed for easy, search, navigation and display of Wikipedia entries. Streamline your browsing with history grouped by visit date, and bookmarking that not only bookmarks individual entries, but individual sections within an entry. Featuring intelligent features such as:
- Table of contents browser that knows where you are in the page
- Multiple search methods including Smart completion with entry preview, Google searching and a full text Wikipedia search
- Dual language searching and language switching (hiding languages you don't care about)
- Bookmark, including bookmarking individual sections of pages
- History, grouped by last visit date
- Full in-page searching
- Wiktionary dictionary term looking without leaving the current page
- Table based category browsing
- iCloud syncing
- Image saving to the Photo library
- Ogg vorbis audio playback for dictionary pronunciations and other audio content available on Wikipedia
- Contextual knowledge for sending links to specific sections in a Wikipedia entry
- Easily turn on automatic focusing of the search field on launch
Tip: To scroll to the top of a Wikipedia entry, hit the title bar at the top of the iPhone's screen (this works in Safari too).
Second tip: Click into the search bar to cancel a page load request.
See the Wikipanion web site for more details about all of the available features.
Wikipanion is advertisement free.
- Fixes problem displaying searching results in third party wikis
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Wiki can’t search?
This was once a brilliant knowledge tool!
I don’t get the slowness that others get in similar reviews!
May be they don’t refresh the screen?
But anyway.. there are times when I want to look for something, that
there is no search box to type in your query?
I check around to see where it’s gone, refresh the screen turn the
Iphone on and off check the settings, but there still is no box to type in
Then I go to google and type the same word I want to look up, then
It appears in the search under Wikipanion? Click on it and it’s good!
Then I do another search in the wiki app again and the search query box
appears.... hurray I can search again!
When I leave the app and come back to it another time the “search query
box,” is gone again!
Ahhhh soooo frustrating!
There’s no need to update its search lay out its. Ergonomically perfect
You get the information you need in a simple format, updating it an complicate
Just sort out the main problem, the actual search query bug??????
Why have you switched the SLOW switch??
This app has by far been my most used app over the last few years. A few years ago I gave a 5 star review but today I have changed that to a 1 star review. Literally in the last month you have changed something in this app which makes it slow and not very responsive. Can you please flick the switch back to FAST?? I’m most certainly not going to pay £4.99 for the upgraded version!!
With no new features in years, it seems this app is simply on life-support at this time. Different themes, some kind of refresh to the user interface (which doesn’t seem to have been changed in the past 9 years), and taking advantage of the new features that each new iOS version has brought would be great.
As of now, the app is slow, very outdated, and hasn’t made any significant gains in years.
- Robert Chin
- 7.5 MB
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2009-2019 Robert Chin
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.