* The Best Translation App *
• Secured a spot among the Top 10 apps in the Reference/Business categories in 109 countries
• Winner of the Taiwan Excellence Award 2012
• Winner of the Outstanding IT Products Award 2011
• Over one million users worldwide
* Product Overview *
Point the iPhone’s or the new iPad’s camera at any word and Worldictionary will instantly define and translate it. No need to manually type words or take pictures. This app will be your indispensable travel tool primed to give you translation on-the-go.
* Demo Videos *
* Product Details *
- Instant View & Translate
• The instant 'View and Translate' feature allows you to get instant translation simply by pointing your iPhone’s camera at a word you want to look up.
• Worldictionary recognizes and translates amongst multiple languages, ranging from Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, English, Japanese, Korean, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Swedish, Finnish, Danish, Norwegian, Polish, Hungarian, Russian, Czech, Slovak and Romanian. No need to type a word to look it up!
• You can also select an image from your iPhone to get the translation immediately without typing words in.
- Detailed & Full Sentence Translation
• To proceed with looking up additional words or knowing more about the usage of particular words, you can first take a snap of the text and then focus on the words one by one and look them up.
• Provides full sentence translation and pronunciation.
• The 'Advance Search' function lets you search through Google, Wikipedia and YouTube to expand your search.
• Works with the world's leading dictionary( Collins, Dr.eye and Transtar dictionary), lets you get the most authoritative word explanations.
- Smart & Helpful Functions
• Save your search records automatically. You can even build your own word database to increase translation efficiency.
• You can also manually enter and translate words.
• Provides an anti-shake function for better image quality.
• Provides in app purchase offline dictionary.
* Customers’ Reviews *
• Brilliant app! - Thanks for developing such a handy tool. I have already used it to translate menu items and will definitely use it on my first trip abroad. Well worth the price. (Apr 22, 2012 by lht61ha)
• Amazing app for a phone! - Very easy to use translator app that works brilliantly with text. All the various functions, including recognizing words and translating from text, are very useful. 5 star. (Apr 22, 2012 by Simon Medlicott)
• Worldictionary, one of the most revolutionary iPhone app ideas. (Mar 20, 2012 by Sven Luiv)
1. Support iOS 13
2. Bug fix
Ratings and Reviews
Great idea, needs some tweaks!
This is a great app and is well worth the price tag! Its very quick with the translations and is rather simple to use. There are a few things I found that if updated would make this app perfect. They are, a little help or information screen at the start of the app the first time you use it basically showing the user how to use the app and how to get the best results. Which brings me onto my second point. The app seemed to read the words a lot better from slightly further away I don't know why but it did! So maybe a hint telling the user to move back if it can't read the word would be good! But as the writing is smaller it's harder to get the word you want translated! So maybe a feature that you press the word that you want translated and it will translate that word! Also the app seemed to struggle with writing on coloured backgrounds, especially yellow text on a blue background! So an improvement in this are would be good as well! Finally it's slightly annoying that you can only translate one word at a time but as the translation is so quick it's not too bad. The ability to search the word on the Internet from the app is a good idea and I think you should defiantly download the app!
I have been using this app to read a book in French - my French isn't good enough on its own! In fact, it's so bad I have been reading the entire book through this app! I'm hoping my French will improve and I won't have to look up as many words.
The great thing is the speed at which it can translate words. Just point the camera at the word and it's translated!
A feature I would like would be to have the whole screen showing the view through the camera, but still with the cross hairs for the translation. That way I would be able to see more of the book at the same time. This would make reading easier (although I guess this use - reading everything through the app - isn't what it was originally intended for).
Fab app - point and click to understand the language!
This app just got better as now you can get translations off line. A big plus when abroad as saves on roaming charges. The Spanish-English and French-English have been most helpful for me as travel to both for work a lot. Now act more like a local. Helps a lot!
I had previously reviewed the app saying: This app has become a real boon for me when travelling, which I do a lot for work. The point and click at the word feature is brilliant. It gives really accurate reply, and options and you can click through to view more detail through the links. It covers all of the countries I been to so far. Fab app. Thanks
- Penpower Inc.
- 69.6 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- ©2019 Penpower Technology Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Transtar Chinese<->English Dictionary £1.99
- Transtar Chinese<->Japanese Dictionary £1.99
- Collins English<->Spanish Dictionary £4.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.