READ BEFORE BUYING: Please expand this description and read the full list of supported devices shown immediately below to confirm that your device is supported.
The XCOM 2 Collection requires iOS 14 or later. You will need 8.5GB of free space to install the game and all of its content, and we recommend having at least 17GB of free space to avoid installation issues.
• iPhone 7 Plus
• iPhone 8 Plus
• iPhone X
• iPhone XS / XS Max
• iPhone XR
• iPhone 11 / 11 Pro / 11 Pro Max
• iPhone SE (2nd generation, 2020)
• iPhone 12 / 12 mini / 12 Pro / 12 Pro Max
• iPad mini (5th generation, 2019)
• iPad Air (3rd generation, 2019)
• iPad Air (4th generation, 2020)
• iPad (7th generation, 2019)
• iPad (8th generation, 2020)
• iPad Pro (2nd generation, 2017: 10.5", 12.9")
• iPad Pro (3rd generation, 2018: 11", 12.9")
• iPad Pro (4th generation, 2020: 11", 12.9")
• If you require assistance, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Aliens rule Earth with a new order promising a brilliant future for those who conform, while silencing all those who do not. At the edges of the world, the scattered forces of XCOM gather to defend humanity, ignite a global resistance, and reclaim the planet.
Bring down the alien regime from your iPad or iPhone with the XCOM 2 Collection; the complete experience of XCOM 2: War of the Chosen and four DLC packs in a single package with no in-app purchases.
Delivers all the turn-based tactical challenges of XCOM 2: War of the Chosen.
ENGINEERED FOR iOS
Lead the Resistance using a touch-screen Command Interface designed for mobile.
CUSTOMISE YOUR SQUADS
Customise each soldier’s look, loadout and abilities.
EVERY GAME A UNIQUE CHALLENGE
Direct your forces through a near-infinite combination of goals, missions, and maps.
INCLUDES FOUR DLC PACKS
Access new missions, soldier types, and enemies with XCOM 2's DLC packs.
© 2020 Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. Originally developed by Firaxis Games. Take-Two Interactive Software, 2K, Firaxis Games, XCOM, XCOM 2, and their respective logos are trademarks of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. Developed for and published on iOS by Feral Interactive. iOS and the iOS logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd. All other marks and trademarks are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
• Adds optimisation options allowing users to choose between Energy Saver and Performance modes (not available on the iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone X, or 2019 iPad (7th Generation))
• Adds a further Graphics optimisation option, enabling better graphics for the iPhone XS / XS Max, all iPhones since the iPhone 11, the 2020 iPad Air and all iPad Pros released since 2018
• Updates the design of the Camera Elevation Marker
• Fixes a number of minor issues
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing but with one problem!
Absolutely fantastic port of an exceptional pc game. Can’t believe a game of this quality is available on my phone, and it runs like a dream. Well worth paying a few quid for as it’s the real deal, no extra purchases, no adverts, proper game and I love the XCom series. Well done Feral another great port!
So my issue- AI behaving odd- for example- vip extraction. I decide to save on fatigue, and just use a sole reaper, stealth in, blow hole in wall, leg it to extraction with VIP but despite my guy being “stealthed” the enemy troops just happen to always dawdle over to the reaper, or the big walking ED209 look alike walks through the walls of the prison complex building back and forth until my guy gets spotted. Patrols should be random and not based upon converging on a character who’s supposed to be hidden. They literally go from all over map to just hang about near the hidden guy, then wait there and don’t patrol elsewhere. Fix that and imo it’s perfect
Long time fans may be disappointed, and game pushes iOS a tad beyond its limits
Firstly, before I say a bad word about this game, I have to say that this really is the full XCOM 2 experience. There are no cut corners with regards to content. Feral have done a fantastic job in this regard, and the controls work beautifully for the iPad. I love the full 360 degree camera, and the little niggles controlling the original XCOM:EU camera have all been fixed.
However, there are definitely a number of issues:
1) my iPad gets VERY hot VERY quickly (I have an iPad Pro 11” 256GB 2020 model).
2) it absolutely drains my battery (though strangely my iPhone pro battery doesn’t seem to suffer so badly)
3) there are no iCloud saves which is a huge, huge shame.
From a gameplay perspective, there is one thing that really bugs me, and this is that the enemies are very static until they engage you. One of the key gameplay features is that the enemy groups will move around the map patrolling until they spot you, but in this they often don’t move. You’re left to freely dispose of one group after another, which drastically reduces the difficulty curve.
Overall, I’m happy I bought the game, and I’ll play it in short bursts while plugged in, but I’ll stick to xcom enemy unknown for a portable xcom experience as that is far kinder on Apples tech and has no shortcomings of any kind with regards to the gameplay.
Is this true?
I’ve been waiting for a long time for this, and I can’t believe it’s finally here; I can finally play XCOM2 Wotc on the move! This is my favourite game and it plays very well so far. Feral did an amazing job on the Ui too, even adding more feature not in the original game, such as visible XP on soldiers, abilities and loadout view on soldier list, Overwatch All button and free rotating camera.
There are few things missing that I think are important: you can’t see weapon upgrades in game, so you need to remember who’s got who, and you can’t view enemies abilities - I hope thus gets addressed in the future.
Still I must say this is one of the best ports I’ve seen to date and I highly recommend it to XCOM fans or and X4 games fan in general.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Feral Interactive Ltd
- 2 GB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2020 Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. Developed for and published on iOS by Feral Interactive Limited.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.