Xero Expenses helps small businesses manage all employee expense claims by simplifying and automating approval and reimbursements all in one app.
How your business will benefit from Xero Expenses:
- Capture cost as they happen: scan and submit expenses, company card and mileage claim anytime, anywhere. Approve employee expenses in one click.
- Save time with smart reconciliation: say goodbye to manual data entry and reconciliation. Xero Expenses automates every step of the expense management process.
- Monitor spend with real-time insights: make fast and informed decisions with powerful analytics providing trends & insights.
How Xero Expenses simplifies your expense process:
- Automatic receipt transcription: our OCR technology extracts all relevant info from your receipts
- Split expenses: your Admins can process claims more easily and accurately, which improves efficiency & expense reporting.
- Submit expense claims in any currency: make it easier to keep track of actual costs, maintain accurate records and reimburse the right amount to employees.
- Link expenses to Xero Projects or assign expenses to clients: easily see what expenses can be recovered from customers to get a better picture of cash flow.
- Track your mileage: use the map in Xero Expenses to accurately track and submit mileage claims to get reimbursed faster.
- Approve claims in one click: take control of your spending by automating & reducing your approver’s workload without losing grip over your company expenses.
- Submit expenses on behalf of others: process claims more efficiently and keep each other up to date.
- Reconcile company card transactions: choose between using company or personal funds when submitting a claim, so you can quickly identify which expenses need to be reimbursed.
- Fully integrated with Xero
- 2019 Data & Expense Management Software of the Year by UK AccountingWEB
- 2019 Expense Management Software of the Year by Digital Accountancy Forum Awards
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use global online platform for small businesses and their professional advisors. It’s cloud-based accounting software that connects people with the numbers anytime, anywhere. And it gives you powerful practice tools to efficiently manage compliance and offer a broad range of advisory services.
We started Xero to change the game for small businesses. Xero is now one of the fastest growing Software as a Service companies globally. We lead the New Zealand, Australian, and United Kingdom cloud accounting markets, employing a world-class team of more than 2,500 people. Xero has 2 million subscribers in more than 180 countries and seamlessly integrates with over 800 apps.
Bug fixes and dependency updates
Ratings and Reviews
Previous issue now fixed by developer, generally a great app and all working smoothly. Feature requests that I think should be on there already though are: ability to upload a PDF as a receipt (like you can on desktop), upload multiple receipts for one expense eg when you have more than one page, and be able to assign a receipt to a different user than your own (which you can do on desktop).
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for the feedback. We've just released a fix to ensure we only show deleted users if they have previously submitted expense claims. Previously we were showing all deleted users, including ones that had never submitted a claim. We've designed the system this way to provide you access to historical data. Depending on whether you submitted a claim with your "test" user this may or may not address your concern so feel free to update your review here if not and we'll keep your feedback in mind for future enhancements.
Xero mileage claims
It’s not bad. It could be improved by helping the user who has repeat journeys each month to store regular journeys. Also when a trip is from base to a job and back to base in one trip, there seems no way to do this without doing two separate journey claims.
Would also be good if it kept track all your claims as, in UK, after 10k miles in any one financial year, the default claim per mile drops to £0.28. It would be good if the app can do this automatically for you by setting up in settings.
Good start but improvements are needed
This is a really easy way of submitting expenses and for accounts to record and pay them. Plus you don’t need to keep a box full of receipts for years because you have the phots of them. The only niggle is that sometimes it disconnects from the camera on my iphone so I have to restart the phone. Otherwise 5 stars from me.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Xero Ltd
- 73.2 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Xero Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Xero with Projects & Expenses £46.99