YarnBuddy is a beautiful, easy-to-use project tracker and row counter for knitters and crocheters. It saves your place in each project along with all of your photos and notes, so when you come back to finish that blanket you started three years ago, you can pick up exactly where you left off. It also helps you keep track of your yarn stash!
• Enter project details such as start date, yarn, gauge, hook/needle sizes, and more.
• Add photos to projects and yarn.
• Import patterns from iCloud Drive, your photo library, your Ravelry Library, or the web.
• Vertical and horizontal highlighter bars help keep your place in the pattern.
• Unlimited, customizable row counters viewable alongside your pattern.
• Linked and repeating row counters.
• Optional sounds and haptics for row counters.
• Unit conversion and yarn substitution tools.
• Quick counter that's not attached to any project.
• Tool stash for keeping track of your hooks, needles, and more.
• Add yarn details such as purchase location, fiber type, weight, etc.
• Dark Mode support.
• Add up to 10 projects in free version.
Available with YarnBuddy Pro (subscription or one-time purchase):
• Unlimited projects.
• Organize your projects with tags.
• Annotate patterns with hand-written notes and highlights.
• Add row notes that appear when you reach a particular row (can also be set to repeat at an interval).
• Add a due date reminder for your project.
• Add notes and rich links to your projects and yarn.
• Change the app's icon and theme.
...and much more to come!
YarnBuddy Pro is an optional subscription that unlocks additional features. If you choose to purchase YarnBuddy Pro, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes Store after purchase. Current price for YarnBuddy Pro is $14.99 USD per year, and may vary from country to country.
• Fixed: For patterns added from your photo library, it is now possible to zoom out far enough to see the entire pattern at once.
• Improved: More performance improvements for users with large project libraries.
Ratings and Reviews
Absolutely love this app, by far the best knitting app I have found, working amazingly in the free version with the option to upgrade pro which I’m definitely considering. There seems to be a slight glitch in the app however. I struggle to tap on the yarns in my yarn stash which are on the left closest to the edge of the screen. I have no issues in that area on any other app so why am I struggling with this one?? Hopefully bug will be fixed. But generally 10/10 love it. Also unsure if I can sync my projects between multiple devices which again would be great if I could
Just what I needed
This is such a great project tracking app, and I love how fully featured and flexible it is. It’s also the first app where I’ve actually understood how to use linked counters! The stash tracking is great too, and it’s incredibly useful to be able to add patterns into projects. My dream feature would be to be able to keep/show my pattern pdf library in the app too, but even without that, it’s well worth the price to get the Pro version. Spot on for what I need a yarn craft app to do!
Wow. What a fantastic app. Recommended to me by my daughter. It’s so good we each bought the lifetime membership.
My stash is now ordered & catalogued in 24 boxes in an Ikea Kallax unit, with my projects kept separately, in boxes, in a bookcase.
31 projects now listed in my app, with all the info I need including the pattern information.
This is honestly the best yarn/craft app I have ever seen. So much information in one place. It’s going to make things so much easier for me and I’ll enjoy my crafting even more. I’m 56 & have been knitting/crocheting since I was 8. It’s my happy place & this app just makes it even better!
Definitely recommend x
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Rebecca Hansmeyer
- 16.4 MB
- Requires iOS 14.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Becky Hansmeyer
- In-App Purchases
- YarnBuddy Pro Annual £12.99
- YarnBuddy Pro No Expiration £34.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.