This resource has been developed by Sharon Atkinson and WCC Language Program. All information will remain the property of the Yorta Yorta people.
Explore and learn the language and culture of the Yorta Yorta people anywhere in the world, for free! Browse the dictionary by letter, categories and common phrases. Search in Yorta Yorta and English.
The ability to create and use language is the most distinctive feature of humans. Language is culture and culture is language. We learn culture thought language. Without language there is no culture. Without culture there are no people.
The Yorta Yorta dictionary is changing the way people learn language and connect with culture. Download today and start exploring, learning and experiencing the Yorta Yorta culture.
- Over 500 documented Yorta Yorta words and phrases.
- Clear and concise studio recordings of correct pronunciations.
- Search in Yorta Yorta or English language.
- Traditional welcome and acknowledgement every time the app is opened.
- Ideal for all ages and learning levels.
- Caching of content viewed (downloaded) so that it can be used offline or in remote location.
- Feature improvements
- Wiradjuri Condobolin Corporation Limited
- 33.7 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Wiradjuri Condobolin Corporation Limited
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.