YoruFukurou (NightOwl) is a powerful native Twitter client for Mac OS X, designed for Twitter addicts.
User Interface Designer: @hydroxygenic
- Manage multiple Twitter accounts
- Create tabs from rules (user IDs, keywords and regular expressions)
- Create Twitter search tabs
- Create tabs from Lists
- Block unwanted Tweets (user IDs, keywords, regular expressions and application name)
- Powerful keyboard shortcuts
- Conversation view
- Single user view
- Change font size
- Unread management (hit space key to read through unread Tweets)
- Powerful notification support (sound and growl)
- Two different appearance modes (normal view and mini view)
- Image preview
- "Paste to YoruFukurou" bookmarklet for web browsers
- Autocompletion (user IDs and hashtags)
- Now browsing & now playing
- Upload images
- Customizable image service
- Instant filter
- URL shortening
- Customizable URL shortener
- Show one-sided follow badge
- Color customization
- API Error console
- Fixed minimum supported OS version
Ratings and Reviews
Still the best after all this time
Im often asked what is the best twitter client for macOS. YoruFkurou (Night Owl) is it. Minimalist, multi account, native macOS, rules and lists, and lots of handy functions like 'insert iTunes track name'. Glad to see it has had an updat recently too!
Needs an update
This used to be the best Twitter app available for the Mac.
BUT, it’s not been updated since August 2016 so it doesn’t handle the longer tweets that are now available, truncating the tweet to 140 chars meaning that you have to open the tweet on the Twitter website to see the full version. OK, so it’a only 1 click to do this, but as more users are using the longer tweets it;s getting to be a pain in the but to keep on having to do this.
It also doesn’t show link previews nor embedded images, again requiring you to view the tweet on the Twitter website.
The one thing that keeps me on this app is that it remembers where you were last time you opened or viewed your timeline and always shows the oldest unread tweet. Hit the spacebar and you see the next unread tweet and so on. I've not found another Twitter client that does this which is why I’m still persevering with this ancient, outdated and frequently frustrating app.
Finally I’ve found the perfect twitter app.
After months of searching for the right twitter desktop app for OS X finally I’ve landed on NightOwl. It is brilliant. Stale, fast, efficient with multi-account support. Sure, I’d love images to appear in the stream but I’ll sacrifice that for the speed and efficiency of loading.
I’m not sure what the purpose of the home button is as I never really feel the need to open the twitter webpage but hey I’m sure it’s useful to some. I customised my menu to remove it.
Not sure if the transliterated and unfortunate rendering of the apps original language name into english is deliberate, but it amuses me none the less (hover your mouse over the dock icon to see what I mean!)
- Akihiro Noguchi
- 3.8 MB
- Social Networking
macOS 10.14 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © @aki & @hydroxygenic, 2009-2015
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.