Zap-Map helps EV drivers locate available charge points, plan their electric journeys with the route planner, share updates with other EV drivers and now EV drivers can pay for charging on participating networks.
With over 12,000 locations, 19,000 devices and 33,000 connectors mapped, Zap-Map shows charge points from both the major networks and smaller providers across the UK and Republic of Ireland.
Displaying live status data from many networks, an active user base and many features including a route planner and payment facility, Zap-Map is the go to app for EV drivers in the UK.
> Locate available charge points:
- Map showing more than 12,000 electric car charging locations, 18,000 devices and 33,000 connectors across the UK - this is an estimated 98% of all public charge points, 70% of which are updated with live availability status direct from the charge point networks.
- Advanced filters enabling filtering by any combination of connectors, speed, network, location type and access.
- EV Model filters allowing users to filter by saved vehicle model, plus User filters where users can save any combination of above filters
- Favourites facility allowing you to view your favourites on the map or a list on any device.
> View charge point info: key information on all charge points including user rating, photo gallery, network, location, charging power, connector type, pricing, access, amenities and contact details
> Plan longer journeys:
- Route planner allows you to locate suitable stops on your electric journey.
- Default to the standard settings for a 'quick plan' or adjust the driver and charger search options to create a customised plan.
- Save, retrieve and edit routes from the app
> Share updates with EV drivers:
- Check-in feature allows you to add successful charge, report issues, add photos/comments and "last mile" info for the benefit of the EV community.
- Community "Cafe" area where you can ask questions or chat with other Zap-Map users.
- Zap-Home/work allows you to add charger to Zap-Map to enable peer to peer sharing for free or a small charge. Ability to add photos and directly edit information held.
- Add new public charge points through the wizard, points will be reviewed by the Zap-Map data team and then added to Zap-Map.
-Account section allows you to edit avatar, display name, EV model and contact preferences
- Offline mode with map view and summary charge point info available
Zap-Map, providing charging point information in the UK since 2014, is focused on providing the best data, tools and community to help new and experienced EV drivers get the most out of their electric vehicle.
More information on charging point connectors, charge point networks, charging point statistics, electric cars and all the latest news can be found on the website at https://www.zap-map.com
Follow us on twitter - https://twitter.com/zap_map
Like us on facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Zap-Map/
Contact us with issues or features suggestions on email@example.com
Terms and conditions: http://www.zap-map.com/terms-and-conditions/
Data licensing: http://www.zap-map.com/data-licensing/
We have added a 'Clear cache' button within the 'App settings' to help with troubleshooting problems.
We have also fixed the following bugs:
Users can now scroll if the sign-in button is hidden by the keyboard
Filter updates now occur more quickly for users who aren't signed in
Corrected the spelling of 'wind turbine'
Reduced the time taken to first open the app
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Must have if you own an electric vehicle!
I downloaded Zap-Map around the same time as the Pod-Point app. Zap-Map shows so many charge points, many of which I’d’ve never known about just by local knowledge. My plan in buying an electric van and worrying about being too far from a charge point has been eased, even in rural Scotland. Route planning feature is brilliant, makes planning charge stops on longer journeys much easier!
Difficult to use
Trying to provide a charger type or charger company, when submitting a location not already on ZapMap, using the ‘rotating wheel’ method provided on the app is infuriatingly difficult. Every time you try to rotate the wheel it chooses a random selection. What’s the problem with a drop-down list?
So is the absolute mass of symbols you are expected to commit to memory!
AND, so is the idea of putting your personal home charger on the ‘Zap-Map map’ and then having to, personally, bill the 3rd Party User for the energy ‘you’ have put in his/her car by using PayPal! Chasing a disreputable user who fails to pay should be great fun!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback. With regards to the 'rotating wheel' selection method for the locations, you will be pleased to know that has been updated and will shortly become available in our next release.
As for the number of symbols, there are a lot! Look for the 'Symbols key' item in the app menu for a handy reference, should you need it.
With regards to Zap-Home, peoples approach varies, some ask for a donation, some offer their points for free. It really depends, and it is optional to list, so you can set it up in a way that suits you the best. We have had very few complaints, people in general are very honest and accommodating.
Mark Chitty (Product Manager)
Great app, all you will ever need!
Love this app, as up to date as you could hope for. Information pretty accurate and reliable.
I found a charge point not on the system, logged it as a new one and within 12 hours, Zap-Map had confirmed it, added extra information like costs and power output etc.(they appear to have contacted the owners) and added the units.
Great stuff, keep it up!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.