UK’s No.1 EV mapping service - locate charge points, plan your journey and share updates with other EV drivers.
Zap-Map helps EV drivers locate available charge points, plan their electric journeys with the route planner, pay for charging on participating networks and share updates with other drivers.
With over 14,000 locations, 23,000 devices and 40,000 connectors mapped, Zap-Map shows charge points from both the major networks and smaller providers across the UK and Republic of Ireland.
Displaying live status data from many networks, an active user base and many features including a route planner and payment facility, Zap-Map is the go to app for EV drivers in the UK.
> SEARCH for charge points
- Comprehensive database of charge points with c.95% of all publicly available charge points, with around 70% showing live availability updates every 5 minutes.
> FILTER suitable charge points
- Advanced filters enables users to filter by any combination of connectors, speed, network, location type, payment and access.
- EV Model filters allows users to filter by saved vehicle model and option to save user filters.
- Bookmark facility allows users to view your favourites on the map or a list on any device.
> VIEW charge point info
Information on charge points including location, connector details, speed, pricing, access, amenities, network and contact details
Gallery showing pictures provided by other EV drivers
> PLAN longer electric journeys:
Smart route planner allows users to identify suitable stops on your electric journey
Settings allow for a “quick plan” with suggested chargers or the ability to create a customised plan
Route plans can be saved, retrieved and edited
> SHARE updates with EV drivers:
- Check-in feature allows users to add successful charge, report issues, add photos/comments and "last mile" info for the benefit of the EV community.
- Community "Cafe" area where users can ask questions or chat with other Zap-Map users.
> PAY for EV charging
Zap-Pay is a simple way to pay for EV charging from within the Zap-Map app
Available on participating networks, with more networks being integrated during 2021
> Other features
- Zap-Home/work allows users to add a charger to Zap-Map to enable community charging for free or a small charge.
- Add new public charge points through the wizard, points will be reviewed by the Zap-Map data team and then added to Zap-Map.
- Account section allows users to edit avatar, display name, EV model and contact preferences
- Offline mode with map view and summary charge point info available
Launched in June 2014, with a mission to accelerate the shift to electric vehicles (EV) and help the drive towards zero carbon mobility, Zap-Map is the UK’s leading EV mapping service. The charging point map, available on desktop and mobile apps, helps EV drivers to search for available charge points, plan longer journeys, share updates and pay for charging on participating networks.
Follow us on twitter - https://twitter.com/zap_map
Like us on facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Zap-Map/
Connect on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/zap-map/
Contact us with issues or features suggestions on firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and conditions: http://www.zap-map.com/terms-and-conditions/
Data licensing: http://www.zap-map.com/data-licensing/
- Preparations for our next major release
- Banner advertising included on the map view
Ratings and Reviews
Must have if you own an electric vehicle!
I downloaded Zap-Map around the same time as the Pod-Point app. Zap-Map shows so many charge points, many of which I’d’ve never known about just by local knowledge. My plan in buying an electric van and worrying about being too far from a charge point has been eased, even in rural Scotland. Route planning feature is brilliant, makes planning charge stops on longer journeys much easier!
Must have for EV drivers
I consider zap-map to be the authoritative source of charge point information. Use it, and make sure you check in to contribute data. Always check the comments in a charger for an accurate picture of its status.
There are issues though. Data from some networks, notably BP Chargemaster, is total junk and always reports chargers as available when they’re not. Zap-map trust this data and override user reports. There are lots of charge points that haven’t had a check in for years. Doubtful they still exist but how would you know?
Difficult to use
Trying to provide a charger type or charger company, when submitting a location not already on ZapMap, using the ‘rotating wheel’ method provided on the app is infuriatingly difficult. Every time you try to rotate the wheel it chooses a random selection. What’s the problem with a drop-down list?
So is the absolute mass of symbols you are expected to commit to memory!
AND, so is the idea of putting your personal home charger on the ‘Zap-Map map’ and then having to, personally, bill the 3rd Party User for the energy ‘you’ have put in his/her car by using PayPal! Chasing a disreputable user who fails to pay should be great fun!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback. With regards to the 'rotating wheel' selection method for the locations, you will be pleased to know that has been updated and will shortly become available in our next release.
As for the number of symbols, there are a lot! Look for the 'Symbols key' item in the app menu for a handy reference, should you need it.
With regards to Zap-Home, peoples approach varies, some ask for a donation, some offer their points for free. It really depends, and it is optional to list, so you can set it up in a way that suits you the best. We have had very few complaints, people in general are very honest and accommodating.
Mark Chitty (Product Manager)
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Next Green Car Ltd.
- 80.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Next Green Car Ltd.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.