Zap-Map helps EV drivers find available charge points, plan longer journeys with the route planner and share updates with other EV drivers.
With over 10,000 locations, 17,000 devices and 30,000 connectors mapped, Zap-Map shows charge points from both the major networks and smaller providers across the UK and the Republic of Ireland.
Displaying live status data from many networks, an active user base and many features including a route planner, Zap-Map is the go to app for EV drivers.
- Map showing more than 10000 electric car charging locations, 17,000 devices and 30,000 connectors across the UK and the Republic of Ireland. Updated regularly through dynamic network data feeds, Zap-Chat community layer and desk research.
- Live network status is available for majority of UK charging networks. Charge points show latest data from live networks and Zap-Map users.
- Charge point info on all points including user rating, photo gallery, network, location, charging power, connector type, pricing, access, amenities and contact details
- Route planner allows you to locate suitable stops on your electric journey. Default to the standard settings for a 'quick plan' or adjust the driver and charger search options to create a customised plan.
- Check-in feature allows you to add successful charge, report issues, add photos/comments and "last mile" info for the benefit of the EV community.
- Community "Cafe" area where you can ask questions or chat with other Zap-Map users.
- List view of the above, including the charge point's distance from your current or chosen location.
- Advanced filters enabling filtering by any combination of connectors, speed, network, location type and access.
- EV Model filters allowing users to filter by saved vehicle model, plus User filters where users can save any combination of above filters
- Favourites facility allowing you to view your favourites on the map or a list on any device.
- Account section allows you to edit avatar, display name, EV model and contact preferences
- Zap-Home / Zap-Work - add your Home or Work charger to Zap-Map to enable peer to peer sharing for free or a small charge. Ability to add photos and directly edit information held.
- Add a public point - add new points through the wizard, points will be reviewed by the Zap-Map data team and then added to Zap-Map.
- Map view and summary charge point info also available in offline mode
Zap-Map, providing charging point information in the UK since 2011, is focused on providing the best data, tools and community to help new and experienced EV drivers get the most out of their electric vehicle.
More information on charging point connectors, charge point networks, charging point statistics, electric cars and all the latest news can be found on the website at https://www.zap-map.com
Follow us on twitter - https://twitter.com/zap_map
Like us on facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Zap-Map/
Contact us with issues or features suggestions on email@example.com
Terms and conditions: http://www.zap-map.com/terms-and-conditions/
Data licensing: http://www.zap-map.com/terms/data-licensing/
Added symbols key for the map markers and status icons.
Prevented Route planner from adding and empty return journey after editing a route
Made the location selection marker (Update information page) indicate the centre point more clearly.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Essential app for EV owner
If you own an EV and regularly charge on the public network then this app is essential. It tells you all you need to know about the charging network, and with feedback and comments left by others using the charging points you can be pretty confident of the status of a charge point before you head for it. It makes route planning a lot easier.
The Go To App
I’ve been an EV driver for seven years and help organise Stretton Climate Care’s annual EV days. We recommend Zap Map to everyone. Better than the car’s own search map, better than the company-specific apps that don’t show anyone else. It’s the go-to choice. Why go anywhere else when you know this one is available?
Inaccurate station status
I use on street chargers all over London on a daily basis as a commercial driver. I’ve stopped relying on whether or not Zap-Map shows a station to be free as all too often the info is wrong. I’ve tested it by checking for the station I’ve been plugged into for the last 30 mins and it shows free. Good to find a charging station, comes short on accuracy of info. In my humble opinion.
Developer Response ,
hi there, sorry to hear that you're not getting the accuracy you require from the app. i'd be really interested in what networks you are using and also examples of specific charge points. it would help us find out what the issue is. if you able to send me details to firstname.lastname@example.org that would be fantastic. many thanks. mark chitty (product manager)
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.