GET READY, GRAB YOUR WEAPONS AND EQUIPMENT. THE TIME HAS COME FOR A... ZOMBICIDE!
Discover a new single-player adventure based on the famous survival board game!
In their quest for ever greater productivity, humans have genetically altered plants and animals, creating a new world infested by...Zombies!
In this post-apocalyptic tactical RPG, you're part of a gang of survivors ready to do anything to stay alive! Cities in ruin, abandoned hideouts, creepy hospitals... Search for food, weapons and shelter in a world that's striving to kill you. You'll be the predator... And the prey! The good news is that Zombies are slow, stupid and predictable. The bad news is that there are dozens of them and the more you kill, the more there are!
Do you want to survive? Get ready, complete all your mission objectives and exterminate them all. The only way out is…ZOMBICIDE!
• Follow the survivors' story line and unlock up to 4 characters.
• Complete all 40 missions
• Play characters with favorite weapons and unique abilities to master.
• Face different types of zombies, like Walkers, Runners, Fatties and Abominations… And how will you defeat the Toxic Zombies?!
• Chainsaws, shotguns, axes and katanas… All of your favorite weapons are waiting for you!
• Ready for a challenge? Discover new ways to eliminate zombies thanks to new survivors, just waiting to join your team. Belle from Prison Outbreak, Julien from Angry Neighbors and others await you in the store.
• Available in English, Spanish, French, Italian, German and Brazilian Portuguese.
One thing is for sure: you're going to have some bad encounters…
This update brings many fixes :
- When you loot a weapon, statistics are now normaly displayed.
- When you loot a weapon, it now appears properly in you inventory.
- During a melee fight, player is not stuck anymore if he has some remaning hits.
- Objectives in Mission 8-2 and Mission 8-5 can now be properly validated.
Thanks again for your support !
Ratings and Reviews
It’s OK for what it does, but it’s far too easy, and just not the board game, which is a shame. No replayability whatsoever.
Disappointing, whichever way you look at it.
What an ‘abomination’...
If you’re hoping for a straight port of the boardgame, like I was, then you’ll be sorely disappointed. Unfortunately they’ve managed to remove all of the best bits out of the original game and make it a freemium type of phone game where you just blast through levels, and if you can’t do a certain level then just repeat one until you have enough money to upgrade your characters and try again. I think it’s known in the industry as a grinder.
The weapons are a massive change from the boardgame. There’s no search action apart from single weapons in specific rooms. This is not very often and the weapons are random so quite often you end up with 8 hammers in your inventory, but all slightly different so they don’t work as “dual wielding” weapons. There’s also some behind the scenes, random number generating going on when you use the weapon, which doesn’t seem to make any sense whatsoever.
It’s such a shame as Asmodee Digital have done a great job on some of the other boardgames they have made into digital games. I would love to see them make a true to the original version of zombicide but I don’t think we’re ever going to see it now that they’ve wasted a couple of years making this mess.
In defence of the game
A lit of people here complaining about the game because its not what they wanted, because what they wanted was a multiplayer digital copy if the tabletop. Get over it, and review it based in what it IS, not what it isn’t. Did you actually think you’d get a game for a fiver that replicates a board game that costs at very least £40 for the base game?! Plus 4 extra main sets for £30-£100, and a huge raft of extra content. Seriously?
What this is is a very enjoyable grind game that will help you waste a weekend. I’m hoping we get more content down the line, but for what it is (And for the record it says single player on the description, if you didn’t read that then that’s on you) I rate it pretty good. I will be replaying with some DLC survivors for funsies, and aiming to get everyone to max level. If you like a game to grind with an entertaining(ish) story line, then give this a go. If you want Zombicide on a phone, maybe skip it and actually but the board game. You can even play that single player too. ;)
- Asmodee Digital
- 402.2 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes
- © Asmodee Digital 2019. Zombicide is a game by CMON. All rights reserved. Application developed by Playsoft.
- In-App Purchases
- Bundle Rue Morgue £2.99
- Angry Neighbors Bundle £2.99
- Toxic City Mall Bundle £2.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.