Defend the Solar System from alien attack!
Zone Warrior is a 3D space game, part space flight simulator, part arcade action.
Each level places you at a space station orbiting a planet in our Solar System which you have to defend, initially from space mines hurtling toward your space station. If your space station is damaged you will have to perform a manual docking for which you get points.
Later, alien ships are sent in after you with close space dogfighting action as you battle hoards of marauding alien fighters, intent on vaporizing your ship and laying waste to your space station.
You have laser cannons and a small number of smart missiles. You accumulate missiles as you go through the levels. If you need more fuel, fuel cells are available near the stations which you can collect by flying into them.
You can pause the game by touching the score. From there you can reverse the direction of the controls and change the sensitivity of the accelerometer.
PocketGamer Silver Award: "Zone Warrior is the kind of space opera that should be on everyone's iPhone - smooth, smart and much fun to play."
Check out Apollo Eagle which is also available on the App Store.
Astronomical apps Moon Atlas, Mars Atlas, Venus Atlas and Planisphere are also available on the App Store.
Bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Graphically superb, but...
...Controlling the ship is extremely hard work and takes a lot of practice - this is definitely not a game you can pick up and play immediately! Would like to see adjustable steering in a future update. Otherwise, this is a great game.
My current favorite game.
This is an fantastic game, I've wanted something like this for years.
The graphics are excellent, control is almost perfect. I have a few suggestions for future improvements:
1) I'd like to be able to listen to music while playing (and still have sound fx).
2) I'd love to be able to choose which level I start from. Playing through the first few levels to get back to the serious action takes quite a while.
3) I'd like the radar to differentiate between different enemy types. When I want to focus on alien ships, I keep finding mines instead.
4) It would be nice if the radar gave a clearer indication of your enemy's relative vertical position. Something like the radar in "Elite" would be great.
5) It's not clear whether your missiles lock onto the enemy you're targetting, or if they just pick something at random. This could be improved.
6) Some of the sounds effects are not so great. Especially the ship's engine noise, and the speech that plays when it's time to dock.
7) I like the sequence where your ship is launched from the space station, but it would be nice if it could include some speech telling you about your objectives. This would have to be done well, or it would just get annoying.
8) It can be hard to spot enemies far in the distance. Maybe we could have HUD style targetting reticules over distant threats?
9) I really like docking. Maybe there could be an option to disable the tractor beam.
If you don't buy this 3D Space Combat game you're CRAZY!
Well...what can I say?! SUPERB GAME! This is the BEST 3D Space Combat game available on iPhone today. Super smooth animation and high impact 3D effects make this a 'must have' game, especially for all you 'Elite fans' out there. Highly addictive, progressively challenging and with a great "Wow!" factor' to impress your mates! The price is far too LOW in my opinion, I'd have happily paid double. Download this game TODAY and get blasting!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Julian James
- 18.8 MB
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2019 Julian James
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.